• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wtb Bombardier Bombi

Ak_muskeg

Good day all,
I was looking to get another cat. Right now I'm looking for a smaller rig. I'm interested in getting a Bombi. I am located up in Alaska. Thank you
Don

alryA

I assume you are looking in BC or the western states? In the UP of MI, a fellow has been trying to sell one on CL for some time. I've not seen it, but seems he had done much to it.

olympicorange

Good day all,
I was looking to get another cat. Right now I'm looking for a smaller rig. I'm interested in getting a Bombi. I am located up in Alaska. Thank you
Don

…. hello don, ive been working on a few bombi's , for some of the local clubs,... all perkins power. i'm not sure what's going on with perkins, but we are having issues acquiring parts , from any and all dealers in the lower 48. anything that's not in a warehouse, has to come across the pond....OOOEEVAY.... 8 weeks to ship. now they say they can airship in 4-5 days, and we've paid for them to get here …. hah …. haven't got part one yet ...been a month. I've never had such issues in the past … I have a serious bald spot ,.... now..... so I would suggest you investigate engine parts if you are looking at one with a perkins,... I don't know how much fun you have in AK. , getting parts.... but i'm sure it adds a whole different level of …..bald spots.... best regards,.... O O …….

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
mr olympic, a bombi is an actual model..

around here every calls everything bombardiar BOMBI's but i think he is looking for an acutual bombi bombardier model....

they are a smaller deal, with a sit in the middle type position and are super light with a dana 44 ring and pinion. in a controlled differential .

they are very nimble and did i say small.....

Ak_muskeg

Redsqwrl, you are correct, I'm just looking for the little model Bombi. It ok there small, I'm pretty compact myself, wanting to use for winter activities going to remote lakes ice fishing and the such.
Mr Olympic, oh yes, I do have quite some fun getting parts for all my toys. Luckily I live close enough to our "large" city to help accommodate, but it can be very interesting logistics wise getting parts and equipment. It gets even more complicated once you live in theBush.
airya, I'd prefer to pick something up on the western side of the us or BC, but if one presents itself further away I wouldn't be opposed to it. All on logistics and shipping costs. Do you have your link for the Bombi in the UP?

That's a nice looking one in New Brunswick!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Good day all,
Don
call me 907 434 0692 for 6 grand I know where there is one with both summer and winter tracks it also has a plow but I wouldn't recommend trying to use it Don

olympicorange

mr olympic, a bombi is an actual model..

around here every calls everything bombardiar BOMBI's but i think he is looking for an acutual bombi bombardier model....

they are a smaller deal, with a sit in the middle type position and are super light with a dana 44 ring and pinion. in a controlled differential .

they are very nimble and did i say small.....

………. lol,.. roger that ,... kind of like dealing with AGCO, to order parts,... 90 percent of their parts they call; ''gasket'' , so confusing … I was referring to a Bombi BR 180 ,... which I call ''small'' ,... ''Bombi'' is located an hour or so , north of us,... pretty cool how you're area has adopted,... :thumbup:

olympicorange

Here's one in New Hampshire...

Attachments

• 15710614523121065187252.jpg
    15710614523121065187252.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 397

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I here I found him one out here in Nome I will take some photos to post as it gets its ride to anchorage.

Ak_muskeg

A big thank you to Don and everyone who found some for sale. Hopefully my new to me Bombi will start making it's way to me shortly. I would appreciate photos of it as it gets its ride to Anchorage. Thank you

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
found out last night its a couple inches to tall to fit through a 737 cargo door waiting to here back from everts about the md 80 door we may have to air down the road wheels and stick it on a cookie sheet

Ak_muskeg

The bombi arrived in Anchorage. I haven't got to see it yet, another week up on the north slope and then I get to play with it. Thank you Don for all your help!

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_3359.jpg
    IMG_3359.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 229
  • 593836058.jpg
    593836058.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 219

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
have fun its a project in my mind,but a real good start ,ad I think you got a good deal on it. if it were mine I think I would change the engine out to a Kubota diesel or a 2.3 liter pinto engine and maybe add a n automatic engine. my real beef with those machines is getting in and out of them. I know of one guy who relocated the controls to the left side which isn't a bad idea.