• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat / Weasel (Rock Crawler) Rear End

paulhenry

Found this for anyone interested:

$1,200

This is a new (as far as I know) rear end for a snow cat or ‘weasel’ snow machine. This is a very heavy duty unit. I am in the process of liquidating my fathers estate and this is the last remaining item. He told me before he died, it had a value of about $3000 - $4000. This might work very well in a jeep / rock-crawler because you can mechanically lock up both sides or one at a time, can you imagine having the ability to ‘steer’ using your rear end, much like a tank or back-hoe is capable of, anyway, just a thought. I’ll answer email or voice, have a good day :)

Call Tim @ 801-299-9919

Attachments

• 2649128.JPG.jpg
    2649128.JPG.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 765
  • 2649131.JPG.jpg
    2649131.JPG.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 745

paulhenry

The seller of the rear end has no knowledge of the value of the unit. He admits he thought his ailing father thought it is was worth 3-4K. and he is asking 1200.

I don't even know the man - I just trip over this stuff as I look in the small towns for things I want. If you would like me to keep it to myself I will. I was just trying to pass on the word to anyone who might need it.

If you pay full boat for all your stuff then more power to you - I just have learned that there is no special place in heaven or hell for those who paid too much.

Just goes to show you - No good deed goes unpunished.

I will keep all further finds to myself - an will no longer post here.

Please keep the post coming.

Paul,
Your efforts are greatly appreciated as we need our lookers and posters to the forum. I've been amazed in the last 6 months how much knowledge I've gained by the people and postings. Keep the postings coming as we know the value these items.. I've already PM someone that I believe has a weasel rearend in a custom.
John

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just have to ask. If a whole SnowTrac in this thread http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=11743 is only worth $8,000, is it really possible that a rear end is worth $3-4,000? Maybe this depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller?

Yeah! It's possible. Sometimes, the cost of individual parts adds up to way more than the value of the machine. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the snowtrac for sale in that thread wouldn't be built with a heavier rear end like the one in this thread. You have to compare apples to apples when talking parts. It's like saying an inferior sub-par machine like a Kristi holds the same value as say....a snow trac, imp, tucker etc...........

Paulhenry..........we appreaciate all the things you have found so far. Please feel free to share any of your findings with us. I'm sure some of us appreciate the work you've done researching this stuff!

kgracey

Paul, I'm sorry if I offended - not the intent. I'd like to see it all posted here, all the time, regardless of the perceived value. I guess that's for a potential buyer to figure out. I was a bit of a smart ass, and I'm sorry. Stay here and keep sharing! I don't know about Weasel parts, but maybe scarce supply makes some components invaluable.

I also thought the asking price was $3-4, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe if someone put a weasel rear end under a kristi cat it would be worth something???? keep posting paulhenry!!! KRISPYWOOZLE.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no need of such a thing. I have no intention of buying such a thing. But, I want to see it anyway! KEEP POSTING! Didn't one of the yahoos here buy the cat near Pioche, NV after you posted it?

Me-->:slap:<--SnoOps

Snowcat Pat

A weasel (M-29) drive axle-center section only- can be found NOS for $500. to a max of about $800. Used ones complete for $400-$1000. They rarely break in the original application, they are well made. I have several. The spool size is somewhere between the OC-4 and OC-12. This one has non-stock axles and tubes, much longer than the original military parts, maybe custom made? Paul, I will PM you.
For what its worth, I'd like this forum much better if contributors comments would be a little less inane and a little more benevolent. There I've said it.
Pat Foster
Spryte Improvement
Wallace Idaho