• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

45 minute wait for the dentist! WTF?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So my lovely wife makes 2 appointments for the dentist. One for her, the other for me.

The receptionist schedules both appointments for 2pm today.

We assumed that 2 different hygienists would see us, one for my wife the other for me. But no. They actually scheduled us in 1 after the other, seeing the same hygienist. Who the hell does that? :hammer:

We could have taken 2 cars and I could have done something productive for the 45 minutes I sat out in the reception room.

I was so mad I texted my wife, while she was in the exam chair saying I would be waiting in the car and I would be leaving with her. She bolted out of the chair and came out to the waiting room apologizing. I told her it was not her fault but I was angry for the way they scheduled things. I've got a history of making a scene in waiting rooms, I've had doctors call me at home and apologize for making me wait, I've had waiting rooms clap in support as I chewed out receptionists for making a whole room full of people waste their time.

F-(K these doctors/dentists who think they can make us wait :boxing:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
We've a great dentist.
Dr. Ronto in Saint Joseph.
Never a wait. Not once. In fact, most of the time I arrive early and they start on me right away.
Has the latest stuff. Even has a milling machine on site to fabricate replacement teeth.
Likes hot rods and boats too.
I always get the same hygienist as well, as does my wife.
It would be a bit of a drive for you though.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, you could be my long lost younger brother.

I have no trouble with my dentist but my eye doctor ….

I had an 8:30 appointment. I was there on time. A technician did all the peripheral vision checks and sat me down in the waiting room. It's called a waiting room for a reason. I sat there from 9:00 until 11:00. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. There were a few interesting people waiting along with me but at 11:00 I'd had enough. I got up and walked out. I told the receptionist to not bother rescheduling as I wasn't coming back. I let their main office know what had happened and what I thought about it. They were scrambling all over the place to try and placate me. It didn't work.

I hate these doctors and dentists who seem to think that they are doing me a favor by seeing me. I'm paying them and I'm not paying them to be treated as a charity case. Their arrogance astounds me at times.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Worst part is that this was my first visit to this dentist. He is much more conveniently located than my regular/former dentist so I figured I'd switch and go to this one. So nope.

Bannedjoe

Dentists, don't get me started on dentists...

Ok, you already did.

I've had nothing but rotten luck with dentists all my life.
In fact the misery, the bufoonery, and paying some jackass to play grab ass with his nurses all the while I'm being tortured in a chair was enough that at the age of 40, I went to mexico and had all my teeth pulled out so I'd never have to see another one of those assholes...
No more drilling, walking around for half a day drooling, no more needles jammed into the roof of my mouth or gums, no holier than thou fuckhead talking down to me like I'm a 6 year old.
Nope.
Not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars every six months to sit in a chair for an hour and a half being tortured.

I may not be pretty, but that whole business is something I can do without in my life.
I can still eat a steak as easily as anyone else, and enjoy it too.
Nuts and raw carrots are another story, but I can live with it.

Actually, there's more.

The last fuckhead I saw, I went to get dentures made so I could have those nuts and stuff.
The guy sat there belittling me, telling me if only I had taken care of my teeth, yadda yadda, now look at you needing dentures....
I almost left right there.
I gave him a short speech and he settled down a bit for right then.

I came back after getting impressions done to test fit the plates.
He tried putting them in place, and they wouldn't stay.
Then he tried more force, and it hurt like hell.
He kept pushing and shoving, and twisting trying to get them in and stay in place.
My legs were involuntarily kicking, and tears were coming out of the corners of my eyes as he continued to force them in.
He began to tell me how it was my fault, and went back to the belittling and berating.
Maybe you're just not cut out for dentures he said!
He pulled them out and applied about a month's worth of denture glue to try to get them to stay in, and all the while I was complaining about the pain.
He almost acted like I deserved it.
You big pussy! See what happens when you don't take care of your teeth!!!

He got them to stay in place, only because of the cement. He called it good, and sent me home while the rest of the business was built.

It took over two hours to get the cement out of my mouth and out of my moustache. I almost had to cut it off.

The phone rings.
It's the receptionist.
She wants me to come back for some new impressions.
WHAT?????

Turns out the fucking quack was trying to fit someone else's plates into my mouth.

Dentists.
Don't get me started on fucking dentists.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Dentists, don't get me started on dentists...

Ok, you already did.

I've had nothing but rotten luck with dentists all my life.
In fact the misery, the bufoonery, and paying some jackass to play grab ass with his nurses all the while I'm being tortured in a chair was enough that at the age of 40, I went to mexico and had all my teeth pulled out so I'd never have to see another one of those assholes...
No more drilling, walking around for half a day drooling, no more needles jammed into the roof of my mouth or gums, no holier than thou fuckhead talking down to me like I'm a 6 year old.
Nope.
Not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars every six months to sit in a chair for an hour and a half being tortured.

I may not be pretty, but that whole business is something I can do without in my life.
I can still eat a steak as easily as anyone else, and enjoy it too.
Nuts and raw carrots are another story, but I can live with it.

Actually, there's more.

The last fuckhead I saw, I went to get dentures made so I could have those nuts and stuff.
The guy sat there belittling me, telling me if only I had taken care of my teeth, yadda yadda, now look at you needing dentures....
I almost left right there.
I gave him a short speech and he settled down a bit for right then.

I came back after getting impressions done to test fit the plates.
He tried putting them in place, and they wouldn't stay.
Then he tried more force, and it hurt like hell.
He kept pushing and shoving, and twisting trying to get them in and stay in place.
My legs were involuntarily kicking, and tears were coming out of the corners of my eyes as he continued to force them in.
He began to tell me how it was my fault, and went back to the belittling and berating.
Maybe you're just not cut out for dentures he said!
He pulled them out and applied about a month's worth of denture glue to try to get them to stay in, and all the while I was complaining about the pain.
He almost acted like I deserved it.
You big pussy! See what happens when you don't take care of your teeth!!!

He got them to stay in place, only because of the cement. He called it good, and sent me home while the rest of the business was built.

It took over two hours to get the cement out of my mouth and out of my moustache. I almost had to cut it off.

The phone rings.
It's the receptionist.
She wants me to come back for some new impressions.
WHAT?????

Turns out the fucking quack was trying to fit someone else's plates into my mouth.

Dentists.
Don't get me started on fucking dentists.
I hate quoting long posts, but that deserves an award.
Lol

Meh, I go to the dentist once or twice a year.
I've got caps and crowns from a '94 car accident where some of the front ones were busted out.
Gotta keep those in tip top condition.
Otherwise I'd say screw it and attend to my own dental hygiene.
It's not that difficult to brush and floss 2x per day.