• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Covid 19

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
martial law may be coming, if containment is not reached in the next few weeks......
Dam going to have to stock up on rum and coke :smile:

PJL

Funny thing, I went to Costco tonight and actually found paper towels. No toilet paper though. But they had enough liquor to float a small boat.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
But they had enough liquor to float a small boat.

Glad to say that I saw it coming. I have enough Scotch to float a small BATTLESHIP. When I sober up in November, let me know how it all went down, will ya.

PJL

Active ingredient in hand sanitizer is Ethyl Alcohol.

Active ingredient in scotch is Ethyl Alcohol.

You'll be fine Frank.

Bannedjoe

I think we're witnessing the beginning of the new world order.
Things will probably never be the same again.

There's a few thousand sick people out there, and over 300 million of us have to obey and change?
I don't know what you want to call it, but everyone is now giving up freedom for security.
There's volumes written on that concept.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The current crop of ldiots swamping the stores, hording everything they can get their hands on are pathetic ass holes.

These same idiots spent every day living in the moment and never planning or prepping for even a short term disruption in the supply chain.

Now they are all running to the gun stores and cleaning off the shelves of ammo. What the hell. Never did they think a day like this could come given the f**ked up world we live in.

I've been able to stay out of the supermarkets since this started because I keep at least a 90 day supply of food, meds and supplies on hand.

I shall see what it is like on April 1st or so when I attempt to replenish eggs, milk and fresh vegetables. Just the thought of diving into the powdered eggs and milk makes me shudder, but at least they are available. Awful stuff. :th_lmao:

PJL

My 2 cents, in a country where armed citizens are out numbered by armed government types martial law can be imposed.

That won't work so well here.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My 2 cents, in a country where armed citizens are out numbered by armed government types martial law can be imposed.

I agree with your thoughts but, if your visited by national guardsmen that
Come in the middle of the night asking for your guns. How are you going to respond? Comply or resist ? I will have no other choice but to comply and give them my 2 guns :idea:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with your thoughts but, if your visited by national guardsmen that
Come in the middle of the night asking for your guns. How are you going to respond? Comply or resist ? I will have no other choice but to comply and give them my 2 guns :idea:

If and when that happens I will be on top of a mountain on 80 acres off grid, unless they have ESP they will not know am there for a long time and by then they better bring a lot of help.

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
When things start happening to fast it can get crazy in a hurry.

I'm not giving up my Rum until they pry my cold dead fingers from around the bottle.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I found something productive to do, and I’ve got free labor with the boys home from school. Dumpster time!! Finally getting rid of all the accumulated crap.

Had to get a cat or 2 in the photo of course

Attachments

• 32F5F29B-3DA4-4155-A0C1-1F03C2E6CAE3.jpg
    32F5F29B-3DA4-4155-A0C1-1F03C2E6CAE3.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
New survival belt buckle :smile:

Attachments

• 2ACA3464-72C0-4FB0-A63E-6213C0B23992.jpeg
    2ACA3464-72C0-4FB0-A63E-6213C0B23992.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 232

leadarrows

Don't kid yourself, 1 A10, 1 Apache helicopter can beat any force civilians can muster. It won't even be a contest.

rockhead

I think we're witnessing the beginning of the new world order.
Things will probably never be the same again.

There's a few thousand sick people out there, and over 300 million of us have to obey and change?
I don't know what you want to call it, but everyone is now giving up freedom for security.
There's volumes written on that concept.

Shouldn't you be spring breaking with your peers at Miami Beach ? Or perhaps in Milan taunting people on ventilators ?

Clearly social distancing won't be a problem for you.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't kid yourself, 1 A10, 1 Apache helicopter can beat any force civilians can muster. It won't even be a contest.

Those goat herders in Afghanistan have been doing a pretty good job keeping them at bay, so I think we could do a pretty good job to.

Bannedjoe

Shouldn't you be spring breaking with your peers at Miami Beach ? Or perhaps in Milan taunting people on ventilators ?

Clearly social distancing won't be a problem for you.

Not sure I get your point.
Please hang up and try again.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
All I have to say is that Americans in general aren't a very compliant group and don't generally seem to like taking orders from anyone. Martial law might work in some cities but in general I'm pretty sure it will be a big failure.

I think all we are seeing is a bunch of "caremongering" from all the politicians, media and celebrities. Everyone is going out of their way to act extra compassionate. But that will only last for a while. I'm already seeing the frustration in the city dwelling people I work with.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the somber attitude of trump in the news cast kind of tells a different story than what he is telling us. to me it doesn't look to promising.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
the somber attitude of trump in the news cast kind of tells a different story than what he is telling us. to me it doesn't look to promising.

Jim, I have no doubt that this is going to get ugly, especially in the high population density areas. What I think Trump is trying to do, to his credit, is give us the information that he has without all the spin that the media would like to put on it. I think that the fact that he is giving daily press briefing shows that his main concern is the American people and that he thinks that they need an unbiased source of information. He is being a leader.

My wife, who has never been a fan of Donald Trump, has been watching his daily briefings. In this situation, she has been incredibly impressed by him. She still doesn't like him all that much but she says that his leadership skills have been impressive. There is no doubt who is in charge. She has also been impressed by Mike Pompeo but the person on that dais who has really impressed her has been Mike Pence. We might have a candidate for 2004.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up here, Trudeau has been the same. I don't care for the guy but he has taken a strong sobering stance on this whole situation. Considering that he is in self isolation with his wife and children as she has tested positive for the virus.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Day 9 of House Arrest for us.

Our neighbors are all bearing up well. I called a half dozen of them last evening and they have a great attitude. All of them are maintaining their house arrest and doing well. A determined lot.

The snow is gone now and no more snowmobiles buzzing by on the VAST trail so the hopes of warmer weather will put a crimp in this whole thing and we all get a level of normalcy back to our lives. Not sure what the new normal will be, time will tell on that.

Say what you will about POTUS but he has great organizational skills and I believe he will see us through this. At least he is not like some of those asshole senators who seemed more concerned with their personal portfolios than the American people. No, I was not surprised. Are any of you?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this saids it all, thank you mother tucker for this one!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_44b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_44b.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

rockhead

Say what you will about POTUS but he has great organizational skills and I believe he will see us through this.

Wow. Just like that the cult turns on a dime. A couple weeks ago it was a HOAX, now the 'Glorious Leader' is all knowing and all powerful . :applause:

The koolaid is clearly extra-strength.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow. Just like that the cult turns on a dime. A couple weeks ago it was a HOAX, now the 'Glorious Leader' is all knowing and all powerful . :applause:

The koolaid is clearly extra-strength.

Well it most certainly does appear you have the right moniker. ROCKHEAD. In the meantime, why don't you come on over to the political section here and discuss Trump if you hate him so much. If you have the balls ROCKHEAD. Of course, I am sure you prefer to sit over here in this section sitting in your sno-cat blowing packed powder up your ass.

Now you may report me for being mean to you snowflake.