• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are you ready to jump in and buy GM stock again?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
This site should come up GM planning IPO. Considering how much I got robbed by Government Motors on existing stock I had, I won't be buying a single stock from the freaking crooks! If they bring me a new Corvette or loaded up 4X4 crew cab diesel dually, then we'll talk. Otherwise, they can rot as far as I'm concerned.

What used to be my GM stock is sitting right at $0.49 right now. Will their new IPO make what pittance I have left finally worth zero? If so, some people will need to hire a security force for life. Not from me, but from the thousands of displaced GM union workers who worked their entire life building up a 401K worth several million dollars only to see it drop to be worth basically nothing. That has to be brutal, thinking that you're going to retire in a month with 8 million or so in savings and then be told that you now only have $45k total in your 401K.

I obviously won't touch GM's attempt to sell stock again. Anyone here a taker for some?

D

darroll

They never paid the bond holders either.

I wouldn’t touch any manufacturing stock of any kind.
Buy beer stock. (after September)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not going to buy any either.

I say as my GMC truck with 27K miles is in the shop getting new rotors, pads, hubs and who knows what else due to the binding, clanking and other noises coming from the 4WD in the front end.

D

darroll

GM has a bad reputation from past experiences. (I loved my GMC’s, made in Canada)
It was the workers fault as they left pieces off the cars on the assembly line. They thought that they were getting even with GM.
I also think they should of changed the name of the company.