• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

May she finally Rest in Peace.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My Son's Grandmother (my former Mother In Law) passed away today. I dearly loved that woman. We had our rough times, especially during the course of me divorcing her daughter. But we made up and remained close friends (family) ever since. We were there together when my ex-wife passed away. She was always present at our family functions when she was healthy enough to make it. My whole family has welcomed her into our homes as we were welcome in hers. Betty had been in very poor health for a good number of years. She fell on Monday and couldn't get up. Come to find out she had a heart attack and was in such bad health they were going to send her home with Hospice. On Tuesday she was not thinking clearly, rambling and not really realizing where she was, so maybe she had a stroke too. This morning my son went to the hospital before work. She was mostly unresponsive. He called and we agreed to meet him there after he ran to work for a few hours. He got a call an hour later to return immediately, things were bad. He never made it back in time to say goodbye. We didn't make it either.
His relatives on that side of the family is very limited anymore. He will be lost without her. And I have lost a dear friend. But we all will have her love, if nothing more than in our memories.

So today, I say goodbye to Betty. I love you Mom. I love you too Jeremy.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Rest in peace, Betty. My condolences to you and your son, Gerry.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I forgot. Her desire was to have her body donated to The Freakin' Ohio State University just as she did with her daughter. They no longer will accept you if you don't pre-register with them while you're alive. It was a long process and after getting her personal Doctor involved, they found a Med School that agreed to take her. I don't know which one yet, but they graciously accepted her and covered all the costs.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Those who are in our lives and leave a lasting impression are the hardest to lose. Prayers for her peace and yours.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, she is in a better place breathing normally now. May her remains help someone else learn something.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My condolences Gerry. Like Dawg said, remember the good times.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Gerry.

I understand you feeling of "missing" her passing. I was called into work the morning that my Mom passed and missed her time.

As was said elsewhere, remember the good times. They are much more important.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone. We all know this forum is a home where we can post our feelings and know someone cares.

My son is doing much better too. I'm sure he will shed a few more tears tomorrow. It would have been his Mom's birthday.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
your a good man m8.....Betty is in good hands and i send good Prayers to all.

jwstewar

Somehow I missed this.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Jerry. Thoughts and prayers go out for you and Jeremy.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim. He is dealing with things as best he can. For some reason he can't seem to get a darned death certificate finished. There was a will left that leaves almost everything to him, but then there is a son on the West Coast that may try to contest it. He is a loser that hasn't seen her twice in the last 10 years. The legal crap is enormous.

But on a lighter side, we had a small family dinner yesterday in Betty's honor to just get together to talk about pleasant memories of her. Actually it was mostly all of my family. Her siblings are all out of state, so they were not here. Her Brother who has lived with her for the last 15 years came. As he left, he told my wife and me, "You know Bets loved you all. You were her family as much as anybody else."

jwstewar

That is a great way to remember her.

We did something similar when my Uncle pass away a few months ago. The bitch of a wife he had wouldn't let my Mom or any of the remaining siblings see him the last couple of years and wouldn't let them go to the viewing or funeral. Didn't even mention any of them in the obituary. Mom had a picture of the him and his wife together. Someone photoshopped her out of the picture and they ran their own "In Memory of" in the paper and then we had a Memorial Service & at a church that one of my cousin's is a preacher at.

We heard later that she was "upset" because they just completely took me out of the picture.:w00t2: