• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Imperial Stout!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure whether to blame Erik for reviewing a bock or PG et al for being awake this time of night, but had to crack into a 5, maybe 10 now, year old stash of imperial stout I brewed..... oh my......

Smooth..... evil.......smooth...... evil.....

I know this stuff is 12% or better, yet it is like drinking sweet malt with slight [less than Sammy Triple] hints of pancake syrup.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy cats! That was a 22oz bottle, and I haven't finished the first glass (light head tops a 12oz twice quite nicely) and it hit me like the first time I tried whiskey many years ago! :beer:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Poured the bottom: no yeast! Gotta love that in a stout! :beer: Wow, I think I'm fersnockered........ if I'm not around tommorow...don't call the authorities...:coolshade

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, I caught you lurking too Bam - this stuff would be awesome in a BBQ recipe, but I'm not sure worth the wait.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Spiffy, I think you should mail one of those to me so i can give a second opinion on it....

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spiffy, I think you should mail one of those to me so i can give a second opinion on it....
Ditto, me to Spiff. I'd like 6 of them please. :D
Sounds like Spiffy was having a good time last night. :D :beer:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I wouldn't mind sampling that stuff either. Sounds pretty tasty and powerful, to boot. I'll bet Spiff's still sleepin it off. ....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Ditto, me to Spiff. I'd like 6 of them please. :D
Sounds like Spiffy was having a good time last night. :D :beer:

I wouldn't mind sampling that stuff either. Sounds pretty tasty and powerful, to boot. I'll bet Spiff's still sleepin it off. ....

I think your all crazy for asking him to send you some. I bet he won't be around here for a few days working off a big hangover. :yum: :yum:

Spif if you do come around put me on your list also to test it out.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I sense someone has a drink problem....

2 hands and 1 mouth:yum::yum::yum:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
With 12% [IIRC] in 22oz bottles, two hands and one mouth becomes an acceptable handicap. :yum:

As to those desiring samples, I don't know if I even have a 6pack left, but I might have send one out for a second opinion.

jpr was nearly right, I was moving rather slow at 7:30 - but it somehow [and by complete coincidence, I opened it merely on a whim] kicked the crap out of my spring pollen sinuses, this is the best I've felt in a week! :coolshade

A 6pack, that's just greedy Doc! :poke:

Sorry Rusty, I've read about the stuff you drink, you don't want this! :eek:

Guess that leaves Erik, if I find I do have one to spare. Even if I do, I won't be in town for nearly a week at that, so no point getting too itchy. :w00t2:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Not sure whether to blame Erik for reviewing a bock or PG et al for being awake this time of night, but had to crack into a 5, maybe 10 now, year old stash of imperial stout I brewed..... oh my......

Smooth..... evil.......smooth...... evil.....

I know this stuff is 12% or better, yet it is like drinking sweet malt with slight [less than Sammy Triple] hints of pancake syrup.

That sounds very yummy!

I made a Raspberry Imperial Stout some years back. It was amazing! I have been meaning to do another. It was a malt extract recipe; I remember it used a LOT of malt!

What recipe did you use? Mine was so long ago, and two house moves ago; I can't find my old recipe.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

S
Guess that leaves Erik, if I find I do have one to spare. Even if I do, I won't be in town for nearly a week at that, so no point getting too itchy. :w00t2:

Now wait a second, what about me :poke: If I remember right I am closer to you than Erik and shipping would be way less. Also since I don't drink much I am the only one that remembers the beer of the good ole days. :whistling:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Mostly a commercial recipe, and I not sure if they changed it since, by BeerBeer&MoreBeer - but I always have to add a little malt so who knows at that.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18432/103528/JPs_Imperial_Porter-Extract Looks like about 20lb of extract. Not positive, but it looks like this was the starting point - their gravity is thinner than I recall, but then again, I didn't dig through my recipe book to see just how far I pushed it. I've always wanted to do one in a grain batch, but never got around to it..... that mash would have to be HUUUUGE!

I kept the head just to visible side of nearly nonexistant - so it could fit the Barely Wine catagory too; a local brewpub owner described it as malt and Everclear, when it was still only a year old!

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Now wait a second, what about me :poke: If I remember right I am closer to you than Erik and shipping would be way less. Also since I don't drink much I am the only one that remembers the beer of the good ole days. :whistling:

Sorry Murph, didn't want to give you a heart attack! :yum:

Galvatron

Send one to me...with the shipping it would mature more.....and i would flush the result straight back :yum::yum::yum:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Rusty Porter.....hmmmmm....... that does have quite a ring to it, but I'm afraid it'd still taste like piss.

Galvatron

Rusty Porter.....hmmmmm....... that does have quite a ring to it, but I'm afraid it'd still taste like piss.

Best we all do our best to take the piss out of him then:yum::yum::yum:

(Rusty will be here soon like a rat up a drainpipe)

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Is he actually doing some work or something? Speaking of which, I best get something done, so play nice while I'm gone.......

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
With 12% [IIRC] in 22oz bottles, two hands and one mouth becomes an acceptable handicap. :yum:

As to those desiring samples, I don't know if I even have a 6pack left, but I might have send one out for a second opinion.

jpr was nearly right, I was moving rather slow at 7:30 - but it somehow [and by complete coincidence, I opened it merely on a whim] kicked the crap out of my spring pollen sinuses, this is the best I've felt in a week! :coolshade

Sorry Rusty, I've read about the stuff you drink, you don't want this! :eek:

I can wait... a week means it'll be showing up just in time for me to start my vacation! :clap: