• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC 1500 with trailer for sale

Snowcat Pat

While that price may be a little high, didn't it include the trailer?
One should go for a steep and deep powder ride in a 1500 before dismissing them. I think they are the best LMC utility cat ever made. (except for the weak grousers) Just my opinion.

Pat Foster
Spryte Improvement
Wallace Idaho

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
We had one at work for a few years and as they do perform decently they still dont perform as well as an Aluminum cabbed Spryte 1200. BUT to each his own. They are a nice cat. I was just shocked at the sell price. (I guess I shouldnt though since they cost in the low $80,000 range if memory serves me correctly if not more.) And the grousers have to be the absolute weakest link on the LMCs. Every trip in light snow saw us replacing one or two broken grousers after we got back. The problem occured when we couldnt tow the cat over one pass to the bases of the mountain. So we would have to unload where the snow was to deep to tow and cat over the deep stuff then run 15 miles or so in 2 to 5 inch snow and mud to the deep stuff again. This is where I suspected all the damage occured. I have changed more grousres on LMCs than every other Snowcat combined! Maybe that is another reason I'm not so hot about them? Deep snow performance was OK but not incredable. Not sure on the steep stuff since (since we had a plow) we travelled over established roads with the exception of one area where depending on snow crust conditions (really cold hard crust) where if the crust was just right the LMC would climb it. This short cut would save us 30 minutes at the minimum. If it was at all soft then she would try and dig down to China. Also deep deep snow saw the LMC bog in and not really "Plain" on top of the snow. This was ok as long as it was flat terrain. Any inclines at all would see the front and then the rest of the tracks dig down. Again we had a blade on ours which adds alot of weight but also helped clear a path when needed. I can only remember one time we ended up getting stuck that required shoveling and walking or "plowing" a harder packed path. This was in my opinion operator error and not the cats fault. Some people wont listen to good advice! Anyway its just my opinion and I still have nightmares about changing grousers! :pat:

Last edited:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
After that auction, I may need to reevaluate the price I am asking for my 1999 VMC turbo diesel with 6 way blade and only 410 hours.....:yum: I like to see the high resale prices on snow cats as it just raises my personal asset value....:thumb: I still have five, somewhere.....:pat:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
After that auction, I may need to reevaluate the price I am asking for my 1999 VMC turbo diesel with 6 way blade and only 410 hours.....:yum: I like to see the high resale prices on snow cats as it just raises my personal asset value....:thumb: I still have five, somewhere.....:pat:

Well, O.K. two cases of cheap wine and 13 rolls of good duct tape , then after you finish the wine, we will take the tape and use it to tape you to were your ass sets and run of with the VMC:yum: :yum:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, O.K. two cases of cheap wine and 13 rolls of good duct tape , then after you finish the wine, we will take the tape and use it to tape you to were your ass sets and run of with the VMC:yum: :yum:

The offering is all wrong. I do not drink wine. A couple cases of cheap Budlight, half dozen new bungie cords, and a bundle of money would probably steal the VMC.... Small bills well worn in big bundles will be okay....:yum: No new funny money accepted....:coolshade

I have heard there are many uses for duct tape maybe we should start a separate thread on the most unusual uses......:poke: