• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1961 4t10 trackmaster rebuild

socal4t12

im currently restoring a trackmaster and have ALOT of questions. the engine (ford 223) and tranny (borg warner t-87) are rebuilt and ready to go. im getting ready to separate the body from the frame and get them ready for powder coating/rino lining. new rubber for the track, new backing plates, new bolts, and a few cleats to fabricate.
ive got lots of questions regarding the rearend (twin dana 70's. was told this was a special make for the USAF.only 12 were ever made. 4t12?) and the powerdivider.
anyone that can help with info, pics, or history,,,,please let me know, we can chat here or elsewhere.

thanks

Attachments

• drivers side no paint.jpg
    drivers side no paint.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 240
  • front no paint.jpg
    front no paint.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 240
  • rear no paint.jpg
    rear no paint.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 230

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have lots of answers ,but unfortunately I lost my question list so I don't know what goes to what .:yum:
Welcome aboard ! There are plenty of guys here who can jump in and help answer your questions . Sounds like you are going to do it right . Please post pictures and any information as you rebuild . It will help the next guy that is in your shoes someday .We can never have too much information on these older snowcats .

I mostly deal with Kristi Snowcats .
Budweiser may be the king of Beer ,but Kristi's are the King of Snowcats !!!:yum: I am also the resident smart ass here and please never take me seriously . I look forward to watching your restore :thumb:
Big Al:tiphat: