• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Videos not working with FireFox

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure what is going on, but for the past two days I am not able to view video clips with FireFox. There was an update to some of my software a couple days ago, then video for FireFox didn't work. I presume the software update was related to the FireFox problem.

HELP?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Check your Extensions to see if they need to be updated?

What sort of videos? Flash, Windows Media, Quicktime?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll look at the extentions, that my be my problem. I have problems with all 3, Flash, WM and QT.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll look at the extentions, that my be my problem. I have problems with all 3, Flash, WM and QT.

Flash, WMm and QT are essentially three different "plugins". Did you disable anything like Javascript?

Are you using Firefox 2.0?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have had problems with certain videos on different web pages for months now with FireFox. I am using 2.0 and it tells me I need a plug in and when I click here to get the plug in it tells me I have the plug in. I gave up a long time ago and if the video does not work I switch to IE

murph

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I still can't get it to work. I've got the newest version of Firefox. The newest versions of Flash and QT. WTF?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got the newest version of Firefox. The newest versions of Flash and QT. WTF?
Maybe that's the problem... :smileywac

I remember having a similar issue about a month ago. I don't recall exactly what I did but do remember changing some security settings and Java script options.