• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gold and Silver investment

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
if that were to happen bullets are the best investment, with bullets you could keep what you have and if necessary get what you need. Marty

Agreed but, you cannot eat bullets.

I keep both bullets and TP for the had times. I also have enough standard light bulbs to light up a small city.

I have a freezer full of dried beans, flour, sugar and rice. All will last for months and years even if the power goes out. Not because I fear the apocalypse, but because I own a small business.

I can and have swung a hammer for a living. Also dug ditches.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Not trying to hijack the thread but I think we are closer to a social breakdown now than when BO was in. I am feeling the Dim crazies like Shiff and some others may try to seize power using dis information and fake crimes to unilaterally impeach Trump outside of due process similar to the way the Nazi party did it prior to ww2. Only here and now 1/2 of the people won't roll over for it and it will be on. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Not trying to hijack the thread but I think we are closer to a social breakdown now than when BO was in. I am feeling the Dim crazies like Shiff and some others may try to seize power using dis information and fake crimes to unilaterally impeach Trump outside of due process similar to the way the Nazi party did it prior to ww2. Only here and now 1/2 of the people won't roll over for it and it will be on. Marty

Agreed. With Obama there was, at least a belief in the possibility of a free election turning the power over to a Republican and restoration of there public as the founders intended. But after3 years of coup attempts by the left, I to worry that the progressives have become too desperate to change the nation by public opinion.

With Antifa, failure by big city mayors, and some state governors, to enforce law and order, we may be beyond redemption by civilized, due process, means.

I suggest to keep your powder close at hand and dry.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
With Antifa, failure by big city mayors, and some state governors, to enforce law and order, we may be beyond redemption by civilized, due process, means.

I suggest to keep your powder close at hand and dry.

Agreed.

Being old, I have gone through umpteen ammo shortages. Well, I went through the first one, the rest didn't affect me. :smileywac

Bamby

I still haven't figured out that when the world goes to hell and paper money becomes worthless, who is going to be buying all this gold and what will they be buying it with? That gets me back to my baked beans analogy of 4-years ago. :smile:

It's really quite simple gold, silver, copper and other commodities will be used, traded or bartered for goods that are needed. Historically commodities have always been utilized as money for trade purposes.

So what we come around to is we need a noncorroding useful asset that also does not spoil or need any care in storage that could be used for barter. Bullets could work but there are so many different calibers to cover and they can even get pretty fuggly if not stored in a conditioned climate.

So the war has started and we're all dug in till it's passed or over..... Yea right but have you considered the thermonuclear bomb that exploded far enough away that you survived the blast... But the radiation levels will shortly kill you if you don't quickly pack up and move to a safer area.

This is where gold and silver will show it's worth. A person ain't packing along enough lead to utilize as barter as needed but one could manage to take along enough precious metals that could make the difference between life and death.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's really quite simple gold, silver, copper and other commodities will be used, traded or bartered for goods that are needed. Historically commodities have always been utilized as money for trade purposes.

So what we come around to is we need a noncorroding useful asset that also does not spoil or need any care in storage that could be used for barter. Bullets could work but there are so many different calibers to cover and they can even get pretty fuggly if not stored in a conditioned climate.

So the war has started and we're all dug in till it's passed or over..... Yea right but have you considered the thermonuclear bomb that exploded far enough away that you survived the blast... But the radiation levels will shortly kill you if you don't quickly pack up and move to a safer area.

This is where gold and silver will show it's worth. A person ain't packing along enough lead to utilize as barter as needed but one could manage to take along enough precious metals that could make the difference between life and death.

Perhaps we should be but, I'm not too worried about the war you suggest. I think we have been referring to the internal civil conflict. Thermo nuclear would be unlikely.

As for the rest of you post yes, commodities will be useful when the paper money is worthless. Remember one bullet used to buy a cowpoke one shot of whisky.

So, when the SHTF be sure you either have or can make bullets, gunpowder, or whisky. You'll be fine.

Bamby

Perhaps we should be but, I'm not too worried about the war you suggest. I think we have been referring to the internal civil conflict. Thermo nuclear would be unlikely.

So OK so the mood and circumstances are getting white hot in your community and you find you're primarily surrounded by liberals. And even though they're mostly full of hot air many of them have armed themselves with liberal approved weapons of destruction. Though their weapons are mostly limited to hand to hand fighting their's just to many of them fend off. After all you got to sleep sometime and they know that. So you come to the realization you need to pack up some necessities and find some folks that share your values.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
So OK so the mood and circumstances are getting white hot in your community and you find you're primarily surrounded by liberals. And even though they're mostly full of hot air many of them have armed themselves with liberal approved weapons of destruction. Though their weapons are mostly limited to hand to hand fighting their's just to many of them fend off. After all you got to sleep sometime and they know that. So you come to the realization you need to pack up some necessities and find some folks that share your values.

Gold and silver are fine if defended with lead. When the SHTF one can barter "for" lead or "with" it.

Gold, bullets and TP. Keep them in good supply