• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Murph: ...- - - ...

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Murph
A neighbors outdoor furnace/ac unit is on the fritz. It is an all-in-one unit, unlike mine which has the furnace in the basement.
It has a Goodman board, 1068-400.

The blower fan works
The condenser fan turns on randomly. If I push the contactor in, the condenser fan turns on.
Compressor does not turn, Not even a hum.
The Goodman's board idiot light is flashing 6 times.

Can you look it up and tell me what to check?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fred,

I don't know if I can help you. I am on the road right now and no access to books. I don't think I have ever seen a goodman packaged unit but talking to the guys the label on the unit should tell you what the flashes mean. I could look it up tonight if you send me the model number of the unit.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I found a manual on line for his unit.
The manual says 6 flashes is for the compressor delay relay. The only relays I see, other than the contactor, are the board relays. So I am guessing the board is fried?
Any backyard mechanics' way to get it cooling for him?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Murph - we're going out to dinner - my neighbor called a service guy in for the am.
Thanks for your help, again!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
If the board is bad the compressor should start when pushing in the contactor or at least hum. Do you have power on both sides of the 230 which would explain why the blower works but not the compressor or condenser fan.