• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Marijuana, I think it's time...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Not my thing , but I don't have a problem with it .

Drunks want to fight . Potheads want to kiss you ....

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
How bad is Marijuana Really? This article from the internet...I havent tryed it....yet.....

As compared to most drugs, Pot is the least dangerous. Pot is not an addictive drug. For those who claim it is, anything is theoretically addictive, and there are some people who can become addicted to spring water. So to put it in perspective, Pot is less addictive than coffee. I have become addicted to coffee myself and have broken the habit. You get mild headaches for a few days. I have never had any symptoms for withdrawal from Pot.
Pot will cause some short term memory loss. It's harder to remember a 10 digit phone number. Beer causes the same memory loss as Pot. The effect is temporary and wears off completely. Pot has no long term affects on the brain. I have been smoking Pot for the last 25 years and I still test as a genius on IQ tests. My mental abilities have increased over the years.
Pot will give you the Munchies. You may eat more than you would normally. If you are on a diet, you should factor this in when deciding to smoke Pot. It could cause you to gain weight. Pot is a sexual stimulant. It removes a persons inhibitions. You are more likely to agree to have sex when you are stoned. You are also more likely to not use birth control while stoned. Sometimes people get others stoned to try to get them to have sex when they normally wouldn't. If you are getting stoned with members of the opposite sex, be aware of this and realize that it can have this effect on you.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm for it. Legalizing could help the deficit for sure. However with California voters recently turning it down again ... if it can't be legalized in California, I doubt it can be legalized anywhere (by popular vote).

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you leaglize it what happens to all the guys in jale on dope charges and those that now have records for violations of the law in regaurds to dope do we wipe the slate clean you can bet they expect you to.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
if you leaglize it what happens to all the guys in jale on dope charges and those that now have records for violations of the law in regaurds to dope do we wipe the slate clean you can bet they expect you to.

Damn good point ! Let them all out and ease the over population in jails . Makes more room for child molesters and white collar crime types !!!:clap:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
It will never become Legal....the drug companies will lose out way to much on pain relief medication sales,smoking dope is the wonder drug that no drug company wants you to have.....and the Government will back them for their $$$.

It's all one big scam and you all know it.

Ironman

chronic yo

I couldn't really give a shit either way I guess. I'm surprised it didn't fly out in California. Although, I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make it legal to marry a goat out in that state.

SShepherd

Re: chronic yo

I couldn't really give a shit either way I guess. I'm surprised it didn't fly out in California. Although, I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make it legal to marry a goat out in that state.

I thought Nancy Pelosi was married.....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Why marry the goat if you can just sneak out to the barn when you want to!:whistling::yum::yum::yum:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
As compared to most drugs, Pot is the least dangerous. Pot is not an addictive drug.

And the same can be said of caffeine and Nicotine.

But it's not true.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

I was surprised over that too.

Hey, Ahhnold married Maria Shriver didn't he?
:yum:
Just kidding.. I think she's a lovely lady.

Just make it legal for God's sakes.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup.
But.. tobacco is more addicting than weed... I'll say that until the cows come home.
Mooooooooooooooooo....

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup.
But.. tobacco is more addicting than weed... I'll say that until the cows come home.
Mooooooooooooooooo....

I've smoked both. Gave up Weed 30 years ago, still smoke cigs. I don't know if it was because one was illegal and one was leagal.

SShepherd

lets see..'

"and it's made by nature so it has to be ok for you"

potheads have been using the same arguements for years to justify their wanting it legalized. Probably the most honest one they don't say is, "so I won't get arrested".

LOL, the best one I herd , "it helps me focus"

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
lets see..'

potheads have been using the same arguements for years to justify their wanting it legalized. Probably the most honest one they don't say is, "so I won't get arrested".

But, if it's legalized, the pot heads won't have to worry will they?
They can be just as screwed up if they choose to go on to a stronger drug to get a better high.

The cigarette addicts can sit back and laugh and say to themselves "at least I don't smoke that"

The alcoholics can feel free to continue to drink to their hearts content, legally... knowing that they aren't breaking any laws.

A drug is a drug.
Whether it's legal or not, it's still a drug.

All joking and bullshit aside, I am for it being legal in all 50 states because I know the positive effects it has on epilepsy,those undergoing chemo etc..

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
lets see..'

Actually, this is not that bad of an argument. Pot is not physically addictive, if memory serves. It may be emotionally\psychologically addictive, but it's not even close to nicotine, caffeine or alcohol in terms of its addictive properties.

But I do agree that it can be a gateway drug. Many moons ago, it got me hooked on deviled eggs. For a night. Haven't touched it since.

SShepherd

I'm all for medicinal use
I don't think people, especially us americans can handle it. Our nature is to do everything to the max, nomatter what it is. I have an aunt thats a chronic pot smoker...the effects are pretty obvious after a lifetime of use

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm all for medicinal use
I don't think people, especially us americans can handle it. Our nature is to do everything to the max, nomatter what it is. I have an aunt thats a chronic pot smoker...the effects are pretty obvious after a lifetime of use

Some Americans.

Sorry to hear that.

SShepherd

hey, liberals happen:whistling:

yes, some people abuse everything- it's part of human nature.

we already have alcahol disease, would THC disease be a whole new group of dependants?

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The plant has usefulness far beyond it's psycho-active (dulling:smile:) effect.
marijuanais.gif

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were farmers of hemp.
"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!"
-- George Washington

Note to the gardener at Mount Vernon, 1794
"The Writings of George Washington"
Volume 33, page 270 (Library of Congress)

It is hard to believe a plant with so much versatility and economic promise would be banned. I've read that hemp paper is far superior to paper that has been made from trees.

Interesting Facts:

Almost any product that can be made from wood, cotton, or petroleum (INCLUDING PLASTICS) can be made from hemp. There are more than 25,000 known uses for hemp.

Rag paper containing hemp fiber is the highest quality and longest lasting paper ever made. It can be torn when wet, but returns to its full strength when dry. Barring extreme conditions, rag paper remains stable for centuries.

Hemp particle board may be up to 2 times stronger than wood particle board and holds nails better.

From 70 to 90% of all rope, twine, and cordage was made from hemp until 1937.

Hemp plastic is biodegradable; synthetic plastic is not.

Hemp is softer, warmer, more water absorbent, has 3 times the tensile strength, and is many times more durable than cotton. Hemp production uses fewer chemicals than cotton.

A strong lustrous fiber; hemp withstands heat, mildew, insects, and is not damaged by light. Oil paintings on hemp and/or flax canvas have stayed in fine condition for centuries.

Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937.

Henry Ford built a car with hemp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfKPDHq4fTQ"]YouTube - 1941 HEMP CAR[/ame] I've seen cars all over OKC with hail damage. Imagine if cars had been made like this.

This Canadian Company is making electric cars with hemp.
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/08/23/cannabis-hemp-electric-car-kestrel-motive.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=872

Looks to me like Hemp would ward off a lot of wars and create a lot of prosperity.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Amazing post CG!!!!! I had no idea there were so many versatile uses of hemp. Why do we always do things the hard way? It seems obvious that legalizing hemp would have lots of benefits with very few negatives.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Amazing post CG!!!!! I had no idea there were so many versatile uses of hemp. Why do we always do things the hard way? It seems obvious that legalizing hemp would have lots of benefits with very few negatives.

It seems a bit like outlawing grains because folks make whiskey with it.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
That is true Shepherd, but our law makes no distinction. Why is that and why is it that it is currently illegal to grow industrial hemp for food, oil, paper or fabric in the USA, but it is perfectly legal to export hemp to the U.S. and to process, consume and wear it here? And with regards to the drug, why is it more evil than alcohol? Why not legalize it and restrict it in the same fashion as alcohol? It's illegalization is far more costly to the US than it's legalization would be. Legalize it, tax it, restrict it.

United States: Support The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2010

Texas Republican Ron Paul is once again seeking to allow for the commercial farming of industrial hemp.

House Bill 1866, The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2010, would exclude low potency varieties of marijuana from federal prohibition. If approved, this measure will grant state legislatures the authority to license and regulate the commercial production of hemp as an industrial and agricultural commodity.

Several states -- including North Dakota, Montana, and Vermont -- have enacted regulations to allow for the cultivation of hemp under state law. However, none of these laws can be implemented without federal approval. Passage of HR 1866 would remove existing federal barriers and allow states that wish to regulate commercial hemp production the authority to do so.

In a statement delivered on May 9 to the House of Representatives, Rep. Paul said: "I first introduced the Industrial Hemp Farming Act (HR 1866) five years ago to end the federal government’s ban on American farmers growing industrial hemp. In this time, the industrial hemp industry has grown much larger. Despite its American history, industrial hemp is the only crop that we can buy and sell but not farm in the United States. The federal government should change the law to allow American farmers grow this profitable crop as American farmers have through most of our nation’s history. http://www.hemp.org/news/content/united-states-support-industrial-hemp-farming-act-2010