• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My outing with the "Yellow Snow Club" in Elko.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
A little over a week ago I was contacted by the President of the Yellow Snow Club in Elko Nevada and asked if I wanted to join them in a little outing with their snowcat group. Being a new owner of a Snow Master and not really giving it a shake down at that point I jumped on the opportunity. So arrangments were made and anticipation mounted as the days clicked away. Friday arrived and so did the baby sitter. Off I went with my Snow Master for her first real run with me. 3-1/2 hours later I met up with the President of the club Dmiesner. Now I had never met with any of these people before and had only talked to D M. a couple of times on the phone. He helps me unload my machine and guides me into his workshop. He proceeds to open a beer for me and gets the fire going. He tells me where all the tools are and tells me I can use whatever I need. He also has a few meetings he has to go to and makes sure I'm all squared away before he has to go. Now like I said I have never met any of these people and already I feel welcome and treated as an old lost friend. Another member arrives and proceeds to go over my machine with his German and Swedish Engineer like knowledge. D.M. tells me on the side not to worry thats just what he loves to do. D.M. leaves and another member arrives to work on his Super Imp that is parked in the space next to mine. These guys are great they act like they have known me for years and help me with what ever I need. Soon the shop is filled with members and the stories start to fly. Now I didnt have time to stop and pick up any food or beer (I also didnt know I wouldnt have the time later) but that didnt matter these guys brought the beers and meat for the grill. While I'm working some mebers are cooking and getting dinner ready (you can tell this is has been done many time before). D.M. returns and proceeds to cut a section of old track to splice a damaged section of mine. Another member is showing me how to change out this component and that. Finally as the beers disapear and so do the members. At 12:15 am D.M. and I finish working on my Snow Master. I'm covered in oil and grease and hadnt even grabbed a hotel room. D.M. had already pulled out the spare bed and told me just to crash there tonight. The next morning we are up at 7:00 am and on the road about 8:00am and are heading to one of the clubs favorite spots. We arrive 15 minutes later and start to unload. Words and pictures really do not do justice to this beautiful place. You have to be there to really understand how beautiful this place really is. There are waterfalls coming off both sides of the mountains. The canyons are thousands of feet high on each side. But most important is the amount of snow. This place really is heaven on Earth. The ride to the clubs hang out spot takes about 1-1/2 hours to get to. We arrive and these guys start to break out their skis. Off they go. This is there passion. That is why they bought their Snowcats. When they talk about skiing it makes you, even if your not a skier want to grab the closest set of skis and take off. I hung out and shuttled people to varios drop off points and had a blast. we then had a meal of BBQ tube steak and smoked oysters. Not to mention the beers. (I was finally able to contribute for at least these beers). The day was just unbelievable!. As the sun started to go down we finally packed up all the beer bottles and trash and headed back for the trailers. One last sweep by the members for any trash to make sure nothing was left behind and we head off. I just wanted to thank DMiesner (aka D.M. in this article) for the wonderful trip! I also want to thank the rest of the members for there help. What follows are just a few pictures that I took. Like I said they really dont do the place justice. Thanks again to the Yellow Snow Club for there hospitality!:beer:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
1) Trailering in.
2) Following DMiesner
3) Some of the canyons

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 659
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 675
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 667

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
4) DMiesners Snow Master taken from the cab of mine.
5) The reason its the Yellow Snow Club :D
6) Side by side.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 675
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 675
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 651

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious, but how does the Super Imp stack up next to the Snow Masters? Can you give us a "review" of both machines highlighting the strong points and the weak points? Turning, handling in deep snow, handling on packed snow, climbing, overall impressions, etc.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Bob, I really didnt get much of a chance to compare the two diffrent snow cats. I can tell you the Super Imp is faster on run than mine. My Snow Master has very low gearing. DMiesners Snow Master has the faster ratio. I would refer you to Dmiesner for a review of the two machines. Those guys have been running together for a very long time. I will PM him and ask.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
The picture of the skier is DMiesner. (3rd photo up) I was just PMed by DMiesner and he told me they are having a nice snow storm right now. Should make for some nice photos next weekend.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Great pictures :coolshade Thanks

That sure looks like a good time. I'd like to find a place in the east where you could drive a cat in and ski

:tiphat:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Awsome pictures Snowcat Operations.:a1: I wish I could of been along for the ride. Common interests can build great relationships. The skiing had to be great also. Much more enjoyable than being on a commercial slope. That is really communicating with nature without having alot of people around. Just too far to have to trailer the snow cat for us to make the trip. :beer:

I am trying to get some snow cat people together in my area for similiar outtings if the snow will just cooperate. We have had minimal snow this winter. Good in some areas and five miles down the road it is bare.:confused: Most of our outtings are just the immediate family as there are not many snow cats in the area, maybe four total. Last planned outting we made was a picnic on the trail with the grandson a couple weeks ago. He is always such a happy trooper.:D

Picnic With The Grandson - Future Snow Cat Owner
P1070011Small.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for bumping the old threads , I really enjoyed the pics . :clap:
I agree. There is a ton of great information buried in these old threads. Nice to see them get brought back up to the surface again for all to see.