• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Reflection on Christmas

Bamby

Many of us know the true meaning of Christmas I hope. But sitting here this morning I could not help but contemplate what kind of reception Jesus would have today. We as a society would not want to hear his message and adhere to his teachings any more and probably less than they did then. Any moral man that can stand, live and abide in moral principals would not be accepted any more now than they did then. His teachings made people of power uncomfortable with themselves when they looked at themselves. When they seen and realized there own faults they did not like what they saw. So they had to find fault with the man Jesus to ease there own conscience for the lifestyle they chose to live. You know the rest of the story I hope anyway. But should Jesus be walking this earth now would the outcome be any different. In my personal opinion I think not somehow the people with power and wealth would have him crucified again to ease there conscience again.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in agreement with you.

One of my favorite TV shows, long ago canceled by FOX, featured a Preacher/Missionary named "Darrial Book" as one of the cast members. In one of the shows Book stated "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God." Ship captain Malcolm Reynolds replied: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."

Seems like it is true today. Also seems like it was true 2000 years ago.