• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PA green crude oil stain

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Common practice round these parts is to treat and stain barns with PA crude. Hey, I have a well producing the stuff so I said what the heck. Cheryl and I washed the garage 2 weekends ago and last weekend we put oil on 3 sides of the garage. Today we started the front side. Took some pictures that show the 3 stages. The garage door front has fresh PA crude oil on it. The oil on the sides has been on 1 week. Cleaned hemlock is on the top. The right side is in constant shade, the left and back side gets all the weather. I think I'm going to second coat the left and back.

Attachments

• IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 59

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Makes a helluva difference and looks great Dawg . Nothing like having raw lumber looking like it just went through a fresh rain . :biggrin:

I never heard of using crude , great idea if Ya got it . :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF! No spill containment and absorbent socks around the perimeter? Where is the downstream retention pond?:hammer: DEP would have a fit. Looks good in natural wood like that. I would also do the sides that catch the weather twice.:clap:

Lia

Banned
Common practice round these parts is to treat and stain barns with PA crude. Hey, I have a well producing the stuff so I said what the heck. Cheryl and I washed the garage 2 weekends ago and last weekend we put oil on 3 sides of the garage. Today we started the front side. Took some pictures that show the 3 stages. The garage door front has fresh PA crude oil on it. The oil on the sides has been on 1 week. Cleaned hemlock is on the top. The right side is in constant shade, the left and back side gets all the weather. I think I'm going to second coat the left and back.

Real cool!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
How do you get the oil? Do you just have a spigot somewhere?

It sure is cool that you have that energy source on your land.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He has a pipe in the ground and when he wants some more his wife pours some Tabasco in his pants and he goes out and jumps around on the ground near the pipe!:whistling::yum::yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The water that builds on the well is extracted occasionally to keep the flow of gas as water free as possible. They pump the water to a large 100 barrel styrene tank at the well. Oil naturally is mixed with the water and then separates in the tank. When the level goes up, they pump and remove water from the bottom of tank leaving the oil. When the oil level overwhelms the tank after numerous water removals they take the oil. The well tender calls me when they take the water, the oil at this point is covering the drain.

I just happen to have a pipe spool that takes 4" pipe and reduces it to 2" with another reduction to 1'" ending with a ball valve attached to a 10' piece of hose ........... got a couple barrels too ............. :yum::yum:

4.jpg