• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1974 Thiokol Spryte 1200C

ssort

That poor rig has been for sale for like 5+ years. Not sure what the issue is but someone buy this and give the seller a break!

That poor rig has been for sale for like 5+ years. Not sure what the issue is but someone buy this and give the seller a break!

My first offer to sell this was 2015 (3 years ago) but priced high because I didn't really want to sell.

Now its On Ebay priced to sell at 15K (NO RESERVE)

There are no issues with the machine, everything works and has it has been maintained.

Just needs a new home!

:thumbup:

Last edited:
how are the tracks on the cat?

The tracks are good. we de-tracked it the year before last, tightened every bolt, cut off any rusted bolts and replaced as needed, replaced a broken grouser. 48 hours was spent on track maintenance. The machine overall is in great working condition. 15k is a great deal for this machine.

PJL

Bummer about the fake bid. Hope it sells soon. I can't believe it's taken this long. That is one nice cat!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Bummer about the fake bid. Hope it sells soon. I can't believe it's taken this long. That is one nice cat!

I totally agree. That's a lot of machine for that price. If I didn't already have too many snowcats, I'd consider buying it just to resell. I think there's that much money being left on the table...

eBay may get more exposure, but there are also fees involved (not to mention "bogus buyers").

I often make this suggestion, and I'll say it again. Consider listing it on ksl.com. Yes, you're almost 17 hours away by car from SLC. But when you look at the other machines currently listed on ksl.com, yours seems the best value, and by a wide margin. (Yes, I just looked.)

Trying to look at the situation from a potential buyer's perspective the issues I think of are:

1.) More photos, including the engine and perhaps of the blade angled and tilted (separate pics). I remember seeing photos of your machine being used in the winter with a lot of snow. Those should be in the listing; they're outstanding!

2.) Buying a machine in Canada and bringing it back into the US. Having recently purchased a US made machine in B.C. I can say it was a non-event. But people don't know that, and it would be a concern. For example, for eons crossing the border was totally painless and all you needed was a driver's license. I think now it's a bigger deal and according to Google only 36% of US citizens have a current passport. Actually you don't need a passport, but people don't know that. (You need "proof of citizenship" such as a birth certificate and a photo ID.)

3.) I think if you make the transaction is US dollars that also makes it easier to understand. I'd also suggest having a plan that you and the buyer are both comfortable with in terms of payment.

4.) Ten feet wide may only require flags in Canada, but in the US it's considered oversize. Laws vary by state and a buyer would have to comply with the laws in every state they go through. I think in Utah you'd be okay with large "oversize" banners, but I'm not certain. An option would be to remove the tracks for transport, but that could make loading the snowcat on a trailer a challenge. Easy with a winch and snatch block...if you have those. The other issue would be loading the tracks; they're heavy.

The point is if you can allay a potential customer's concern in your listing by saying something like "I can help you remove the tracks and load the machine on your trailer. I also have a forklift available to load the tracks." That goes a long way.

You have a darn nice machine that is priced more than reasonably (that's a polite way of saying "too cheap"). Best of luck...

Aaron Tucker

just out of curiosity I posted this on uship.

GOOD NEWS! YOU HAVE A NEW QUESTION FROM GREATLAKESLOGISTICSTRANSPORT.
SHIPMENT NAME

snowcat

PICKUP

Vancouver, British Columbia V6A 2W5, Canada

DELIVERY

Colorado Springs, Colorado 80915

QUESTION

Being this is 10ft wide, oversize load, we can do $6250USD. Let me know if you're interested. Can supply contacts for customs brokers as well if you don't have one yet. Nick

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
just out of curiosity I posted this on uship.

GOOD NEWS! YOU HAVE A NEW QUESTION FROM GREATLAKESLOGISTICSTRANSPORT.
SHIPMENT NAME

snowcat

PICKUP

Vancouver, British Columbia V6A 2W5, Canada

DELIVERY

Colorado Springs, Colorado 80915

QUESTION

Being this is 10ft wide, oversize load, we can do $6250USD. Let me know if you're interested. Can supply contacts for customs brokers as well if you don't have one yet. Nick

Or about $1000 in fuel and a few days driving if you go pick it up, nice cat for $16k.

I totally agree. That's a lot of machine for that price. If I didn't already have too many snowcats, I'd consider buying it just to resell. I think there's that much money being left on the table...

eBay may get more exposure, but there are also fees involved (not to mention "bogus buyers").

I often make this suggestion, and I'll say it again. Consider listing it on ksl.com. Yes, you're almost 17 hours away by car from SLC. But when you look at the other machines currently listed on ksl.com, yours seems the best value, and by a wide margin. (Yes, I just looked.)

Trying to look at the situation from a potential buyer's perspective the issues I think of are:

1.) More photos, including the engine and perhaps of the blade angled and tilted (separate pics). I remember seeing photos of your machine being used in the winter with a lot of snow. Those should be in the listing; they're outstanding!

2.) Buying a machine in Canada and bringing it back into the US. Having recently purchased a US made machine in B.C. I can say it was a non-event. But people don't know that, and it would be a concern. For example, for eons crossing the border was totally painless and all you needed was a driver's license. I think now it's a bigger deal and according to Google only 36% of US citizens have a current passport. Actually you don't need a passport, but people don't know that. (You need "proof of citizenship" such as a birth certificate and a photo ID.)

3.) I think if you make the transaction is US dollars that also makes it easier to understand. I'd also suggest having a plan that you and the buyer are both comfortable with in terms of payment.

4.) Ten feet wide may only require flags in Canada, but in the US it's considered oversize. Laws vary by state and a buyer would have to comply with the laws in every state they go through. I think in Utah you'd be okay with large "oversize" banners, but I'm not certain. An option would be to remove the tracks for transport, but that could make loading the snowcat on a trailer a challenge. Easy with a winch and snatch block...if you have those. The other issue would be loading the tracks; they're heavy.

The point is if you can allay a potential customer's concern in your listing by saying something like "I can help you remove the tracks and load the machine on your trailer. I also have a forklift available to load the tracks." That goes a long way.

You have a darn nice machine that is priced more than reasonably (that's a polite way of saying "too cheap"). Best of luck...

Thanks for the kind reply! I totally agree, my cat is priced very well. Its a great deal for the right person. I thought about bringing it to the states and selling it on KSL from someones yard or something like that. But I'm too busy up here! So I priced it low. I have a heavy equipment guy up here who would help get it loaded.