• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 4T series track pitch?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
could someone out there that has another 4T check your track pitch and post We have checked some and are coming up with 2 diffrent pitches and would like to find out what else is out there?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i do, but am not sure what "track pitch" is? and i bet i am not the only one.:biggrin:

OK sorry pitch is the same as if you were to measure on your track from center of one cleat to the next, and its good to check several to make sure it does not vary most will run between 3.75"-4.5" but somewhere in there
and also would need to know which sprocket you have on your machine. they used two different ones one was like a 1200 thiokol and the other is bigger

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Allow me to provide additional background for this pursuit of the mystical pitch ...here is a summary of sprockets for 4T/6's...
The one that the Boggie-man is looking for is the big-ass-phat one (ok, on the mind from my last post), on the far right.
If someone has this...great... I have a few T's with this sprocket but they are in my western underground bunker so raising the security forces there takes time...

So, I thought the track pitch may be able to be calculated from the sprocket but this is not the case...it must be pulled directly from the grousers on the track.

Anyone got this one readily available? If not, I can raise the Defcon level to open up Norad.... gonna cost you boggie... this 4T sprocket is more rare...more phat...more special...more! ;)

Attachments

• THlOKOLTMDrivesprockets_sml.jpg
    THlOKOLTMDrivesprockets_sml.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
could someone out there that has another 4T check your track pitch and post We have checked some and are coming up with 2 diffrent pitches and would like to find out what else is out there?

I will check and report back. I have the larger sprockets, btw iam looking for a place that re-covers them. I called fall-line last week and they cannot do the larger ones witout making a mold. I was thinking of making a mold and sending it with the sprockets? Any ideas?:brows:

Attachments

• sprocket.jpg
    sprocket.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 222

nikadog

1959 Thiokol 4VL
Site Supporter
thiokol2track's sprocket looks like the sproket on my 59 thiokol trackmaster 4vl. the pitch is 5 inches. I've rebuilt both tracks with that pitch. the trackmaster runs find on the rebuilt sprokets. I used a homemade jig like fogtender made but I made mind out of sheet metal.

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
ok, I measured the track rolled up ,I can go along the 5 inch pitch if i measure the sprocket. nikadog, did they just use rubber on your sprockets, and is there a seam wher they started and stopped with the rubber or is it moulded??

nikadog

1959 Thiokol 4VL
Site Supporter
there is a starting and stopping point on the sproket. The new rubber was vulcanized and glue to the sproket with a jig and clamps. Sorry that I don't have a close up picture to see.:unsure: I'm going up to the mountains with the cat soon I'll take some pictures if you want them.

Attachments

• Thiokol 4vl puttng on tracks 001.jpg
    Thiokol 4vl puttng on tracks 001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 128