• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came out to camp yesterday. Got a couple hours of work done building a fence skirting along the length of the camper and back to the outdoor kitchen. It's mostly to deter the dogs from taking off when they are outside so we don't have to tie them up. My son has to work today so my wife will bring him back and I will stay to finish the fence. Well, that section anyways. A couple more weekends and I'll have a fully fenced yard at camp with 3 access gates.

We had a couple huge wind storms come through here this week. Other campers had things blown around but our site was all as we left it last weekend. The boat survived tied to the dock. All good. The outdoor kitchen, being open concept, is actually weather proof and dry on the inside during a storm and has survived some heavy rain and wind. The roof will be much better at handling the snow this winter.
a02d0d66291304c37dcdad661c176ac9.jpg
0a12b70365825b6811209fee8538cfdd.jpg
b4a897b34c4e6f5411de52c2d6611fe0.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Came out to camp yesterday. Got a couple hours of work done building a fence skirting along the length of the camper and back to the outdoor kitchen. It's mostly to deter the dogs from taking off when they are outside so we don't have to tie them up. My son has to work today so my wife will bring him back and I will stay to finish the fence. Well, that section anyways. A couple more weekends and I'll have a fully fenced yard at camp with 3 access gates.

We had a couple huge wind storms come through here this week. Other campers had things blown around but our site was all as we left it last weekend. The boat survived tied to the dock. All good. The outdoor kitchen, being open concept, is actually weather proof and dry on the inside during a storm and has survived some heavy rain and wind. The roof will be much better at handling the snow this winter.
a02d0d66291304c37dcdad661c176ac9.jpg
0a12b70365825b6811209fee8538cfdd.jpg
b4a897b34c4e6f5411de52c2d6611fe0.jpg

Lots of work paying off. Looking good.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Finished mowing the yard yesterday. I noticed some spots that are starting to turn a little brown. I flagged one of the sprinklers last night and another this morning. The one this morning is one of the originals from when I had the system installed 23 years ago. I've got my money's worth out of that one and it's probably due to be changed out. It's still working but I can't adjust the spray pattern any more. While I do that I may as well check the rest of them too.

I wanted to spray the yard for bugs today but I suppose that I'll have to do that tomorrow ... or the day after. I treated over 20 anthills last week with granules but I swear there are just as many popped up again.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of work paying off. Looking good.
Thanks. It's a labor of love. I enjoy just puttering around with a saw, screw gun and some wood to build things. Here's this morning's project finished. I extended the short skirting fence all the way to the back of the camper and over to the kitchen with a gate.

We have an outside shower on the back of the camper. At some point this summer, I plan on building a 3'x6' shower stall there all closed in with a roof kinda like the kitchen complete with a door for privacy so we can start doing more showers out here.
6dba7ac1261d5b271717c0690c6e3eed.jpg
232f73b5dce96ba39b7c4d8a38e11c69.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Good news in the mail today. Dad's house is in final foreclosure and goes up for aution on the courthouse steps next month.

I had two flippers come by to see it. He was very excited about the potential and laid out his budget. All new everything and the local comp's indicate that he could do well in our current market. I've seen his work a few blocks up the street. Very professional.

Finally, that yoke is gonna be off my neck.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. It's a labor of love. I enjoy just puttering around with a saw, screw gun and some wood to build things. Here's this morning's project finished. I extended the short skirting fence all the way to the back of the camper and over to the kitchen with a gate.

We have an outside shower on the back of the camper. At some point this summer, I plan on building a 3'x6' shower stall there all closed in with a roof kinda like the kitchen complete with a door for privacy so we can start doing more showers out here.
6dba7ac1261d5b271717c0690c6e3eed.jpg
232f73b5dce96ba39b7c4d8a38e11c69.jpg

Couple more trips it will be a cabin:clap:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is my weekend to work.
Double 12s.
We now have an enclosed tent sat up outside for families to FINALLY come visit their loved ones.
At a distance, but nonetheless visiting.

Hope you made it through your long day.

Jim

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Back down to the shop, more mitering on the panel frames, and maybe some welding.

Got the other 4- frames welded out today. The next couple days I have to go to the field in the mornings, so that going to slow me down a little. I am planing to make a Work cabin trip at the end of this week. I still have to finish the services trench from where the container will sit to the cabin, plus I like to go there at least once a month to keep an eye on things.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 61

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope you made it through your long day.

Jim

Yesterday too.
Mother of God....:shiner:
Now I'm off for two days.

Yesterday around dinnertime, a wicked storm blew through.
One of my elderly ladies came up to the nurses station and said "that tent out there blew away!

The wind carried it from the front entrance, across the parking lot, concrete blocks and all.
Maintenance got it put back in place once the storm was over.
It's the tent being used starting today for family visits.

received_595622387762796_copy_1209x1612.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the field this morning, then got one solar panel frame cleaned up with the pivot clips and support brackets weld on. Not going to get much done on it this week, real work is getting in the way.

Bannedjoe

West side porch roof almost complete. (I phones sure can screw up angles.)
Just have to cut and install the supports, and get the roof coating on.

I think between these two roofs, I may have climbed enough ladder to get to the moon.

Attachments

• IMG_2513.JPG
    IMG_2513.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 53

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
For a day without anything planned, this is the first time I stopped. Went to the city to pick up a couple things I needed for camp. On the way home I decided that instead of turning off the highway to go home I'd keep going straight through to camp to finish building a gate for the fence so I can relax this weekend. It's an hour drive to get there.

So I got to work and built a gate to finish off the fence then put together a new sewer hose to empty the black tank on the camper. Got that empty and ran the poop tank up to the dumping station to empty. Then I figured that while I'm there I'd run the wash cycle on the sewer tank on the camper. That requires hooking up a hose to a fitting that runs right to the tank and comes out a sprayer built into the tank. Once I ran that for a few minutes I brought the poop tank back up to empty a second time.

Once that was done, I went down to the boat to grab my fishing stuff as I'm going out later this week with a buddy in his boat to go fishing on a different lake. I started looking at the boat and thought it needed a good cleaning so I brought the truck and boat trailer down to the launch and got a ride back to the boat to bring it to the launch and load it up.

I got home shortly after 3 and took a look at the lawn then decided to fire up the mower and tackle it. An hour and a half later the lawn was mowed and it was time to fire up the grill for some bbq hamburgers.

I don't know how I had time to work before. Lol

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
For a day without anything planned, this is the first time I stopped. Went to the city to pick up a couple things I needed for camp. On the way home I decided that instead of turning off the highway to go home I'd keep going straight through to camp to finish building a gate for the fence so I can relax this weekend. It's an hour drive to get there.

So I got to work and built a gate to finish off the fence then put together a new sewer hose to empty the black tank on the camper. Got that empty and ran the poop tank up to the dumping station to empty. Then I figured that while I'm there I'd run the wash cycle on the sewer tank on the camper. That requires hooking up a hose to a fitting that runs right to the tank and comes out a sprayer built into the tank. Once I ran that for a few minutes I brought the poop tank back up to empty a second time.

Once that was done, I went down to the boat to grab my fishing stuff as I'm going out later this week with a buddy in his boat to go fishing on a different lake. I started looking at the boat and thought it needed a good cleaning so I brought the truck and boat trailer down to the launch and got a ride back to the boat to bring it to the launch and load it up.

I got home shortly after 3 and took a look at the lawn then decided to fire up the mower and tackle it. An hour and a half later the lawn was mowed and it was time to fire up the grill for some bbq hamburgers.

I don't know how I had time to work before. Lol

Man, you just tire me out reading that stuff.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of a stupid cough, tickly throat, watery eyes and sneezing.
Either allergies or a cold.
I knocked myself out with Dimetapp last night early.
I'll rest today as I'm back to work tomorrow, unless this is brewing into a full blown head cold.
Been wearing a damn mask daily amongst any other people since mid March, no covid crud, but now this.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll rest today as I'm back to work tomorrow, unless this is brewing into a full blown head cold.
Been wearing a damn mask daily amongst any other people since mid March, no covid crud, but now this.
PG, :smile:

My suggestion a netti pot and Zycam zinc. Lots of fluids and rest if you can.

I was going to deliver corn today. But I found the bin to be hot, in the beginning of a long process of spoilage. Damn good I found it. By tomorrow with the air from the fan, and the stirring of a machine in the corn, you won't know it was the same bin of corn.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Lollie,

Many of your posts have touched our hearts, but this time it sounds like you may have touched your own eyes or nose.:unsure:

Get well soon.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

P_G, praying that it's just a cold and you get through it quickly.

PG, :smile:

My suggestion a netti pot and Zycam zinc. Lots of fluids and rest if you can.

I was going to deliver corn today. But I found the bin to be hot, in the beginning of a long process of spoilage. Damn good I found it. By tomorrow with the air from the fan, and the stirring of a machine in the corn, you won't know it was the same bin of corn.

Lollie,

Many of your posts have touched our hearts, but this time it sounds like you may have touched your own eyes or nose.:unsure:

Get well soon.

Hope You Feel Better Soon!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I overdid it the past few days and today I'm paying for it. Oh well. Gallbladder is flared up again. Waiting for a surgery date on that. Covid delayed that. I suppose it'll get dealt with if it gets worse though. Kind of a stabbing pain in my right upper abdomen.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gave myself my first shot of Humira today.

My arthritis has been acting up and getting worse over the past 6 months. I didn't realize it was my arthritis because I was physically active and just assumed I was over-doing workouts with the kids, work around the property, etc. But then Covid hit and was not doing much and the pains were getting worse. Figure out all by myself that shouldn't happen. Started working with my rheumatologist to get the ball rolling on Humira, had to go through a series of blood tests, x-rays, etc to make sure I was able to take the drug. Once cleared it was pretty easy, they ship me a 30 day supply direct to my door, which in my case, is 2 pre-filled "pens" that work like an epipen.

Honestly it was painless. Which made me happy.

Raining now so I'm sitting with a dog next to me, a sleeping baby on my lap, another sleeping dog nearby.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all ye concerned citizens.
Right now I sure don't feel as crappy as yesterday.
Francis, right now I have no temp, a productive cough, slight sore throat, no nasal drip.
I'm thinking it's just the usual cold I get every year this time of year, without fail.
It hit me like a ton of bricks though.
My body is rebelling against the long work days.
I'm not getting any younger either.

Called off work EARLY this morning.
I heard an audible gasp from the other end.
Then; "well... get well soon". Click!
:rolleyes:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks all ye concerned citizens.
Right now I sure don't feel as crappy as yesterday.
Francis, right now I have no temp, a productive cough, slight sore throat, no nasal drip.
I'm thinking it's just the usual cold I get every year this time of year, without fail.
It hit me like a ton of bricks though.
My body is rebelling against the long work days.
I'm not getting any younger either.

Called off work EARLY this morning.
I heard an audible gasp from the other end.
Then; "well... get well soon". Click!
:rolleyes:

Good news that it's not corona bologna.

It sounds like you will be missed at work but she's not concerned about your wellbeing. I'm sure if the same person was sick, she would expect, "Awe! Poor baby! You take care of yourself," when calling in.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the city with the trailer to pick up a whole bunch of fence boards and other lumber/materials at home depot to start building a 4x8 outside shower at camp next week. It'll be a work in progress over the next few weeks.

If the weather holds, I may head out to start tackling another project. The engine hood on the mower is cracked in a few places and it's all faded. So I want to repair and paint it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to hire more help. I'm hoping that after today the Gubmit checks stop coming and a few people decide to go back to work.

Last edited:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I got 4 of the 6 frames cleaned up with the mountain attachments welded on, after they are all done I have to drill holes to mount the panels and paint the frames. Then they will be ready to install on top of the container. Made one really dumbass move this morning, I went to flip one of the frames over on the table and grabbed it right where I just welded it and burned the shit out of 2 fingers and the palm of my hand, thats going to be great for digging on the mountain this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 54

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
same here 30% unemployment and can't find anyone willing to work.
Even during the Obama years, St. Charles County MO. had a low rate of unemployment. I don't believe we ever went over 5%.

Right now it is at 3.3% However, one must keep in mind the rate is based on people who WANT to go to work and cannot find station.

Minimum wage here is $8.35 per hour. We start at $10.00. Most places are $ 10 to $12. Some to $15. But few offer a 40 hour week for five weekdays 7:00 to 3:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.