• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wife won't let me buy a surf board?!?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
After 3 days of driving we finally made it to the beach. Get here and the lovely Mrs_B tells me that I am too old, too feeble and too grey to buy a surf board. Not sure, but I think she muttered something about not enough life insurance under her breath.

So I did manage to play with one of those little wake boards in the waves, but I'm still thinking a surf board may be fun.

Hoping to get into some of the backwaters on a kayak later this week. There are lots of marsh waters in the park areas here (St John's County ~ St Augustine Beach Florida area) that we can take the kayaks into to do some bird watching. Tomorrow will probably be spent doing some walking around the old town, but today was a beach day.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been relegated to baggy shorts.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
*picturing Bob on a surf board, baggy shorts falling down and a tune playing in the background*:smile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UofdWQG346k"]YouTube - Surfaris - Wipeout[/ame]

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

That should be quite a picture with the Hawaiian shirts. :yum:

Please Bob, take your wife's advice. Remember what happened last time you went on the water .... you lost all the guy's guns. We can't have a mishap like that again, even if it is just a a .380. :whistling:

HulaMac

Besides, those Florida waves are pretty tame.

3515861659088c7799c0.jpg

I wish we could say the same for the sharks. :unsure:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
maybe you should threaten to buy a windsurfer so you can practice on the lakes at home?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I did manage to play with one of those little wake boards in the waves, but I'm still thinking a surf board may be fun.
So is a jet ski. Aim for the jet ski and have her settle on the surf board.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Like a shark would do that.. we all know he probably packs in the ocean too...:whistling:

Nope, no packing on the beach. However I have a whole office full of lawyers that will scare away the sharks :unsure: