• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugerman

Another sleepless night, prednisone always does that to me, along with a increased appetite, water retention, and somewhat upset stomach. Looks like I had better get used to the side effects since this is to keep the lining of my eye balls from eroding away and leaving me with ruptured eyeballs and blindness.
I am cooking steaks and pork chops on the grill tonight, steaks for supper and then the pork chops for Monday night.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another sleepless night, prednisone ...

I am off the prednisone the doctor gave me last week and happy to be off it.

I've had low dose prednisone in the past without the weird side effects. But last week I had 3 straight days of high dose (5 times the highest dose I've ever had in the past) and it took another 2 days before I started to feel normal again and finally a good night of sleep last night.

Good luck with your prednisone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Dental appointment for one of the kids this morning. Dr appointment for me this afternoon. Legs decided that today is a great day to take a break from walking. So I'm using two arm crutches to get around. I could tell it was going to be a doozie when I needed a walker to get to the kitchen this morning.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to function on 4 hrs sleep.
Thank God I have 2 days off to recover.
Warm day.
The rest is going to be e-z.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Warehouse guy was out yesterday and today. I get to do his job.

Place is a mess because every one just dumped their finished work and locked the place up.
Three pallets were done wrong and I get to restack them.:UtOh2:

I'm 72 and the boss. Apparently everyone believes I am superman.:Angry2:

Well, I am.!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Killing time today.

Today is cleaning lady day at the house. She comes every other week.

I left the house on the motorcycle at 9:30 and went to Starbucks, my intent was to get a coffee then go to the cigar lounge. Plans changed. Met one of the fencing club guys at a local hamburger stand. Had lunch with him. Back at Starbucks sipping on a black coffee just killing a bit more time before I head home.

Got to ride around a bit and enjoy the rare sunshine. No rain today!!! None forecast for tomorrow either. Probably mow the lawn again tomorrow. But today is wasting time and riding around having some fun. I will be meeting the lovely Mrs_Bob a bit later and we will be riding together a bit this evening. Maybe even go for hot dogs or some other fine dining!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a lovely walk over to church, then back home again.
20190625_154404-768x741.jpg

20190625_144746-768x768.jpg

20190625_154306-743x767.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Our customer called about 2:30 asking for a hot shot load of one pallet of material in Springdale Arkansas by 6:00 AM in the morning.

I don't trust any freight hot shooter to get through the flood waters. So I am leaving St Louis tonite to deliver it myself. Gives us kudos and some face time with the client.

And most importantly her processing plant does not go down.:UtOh2:
When it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight, it sometimes still doesn't get there overnight. So we just do it!
:ThumbsUp:

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After my jaunt across town, got back here and found that I forgot to turn the crockpot on.
Late dinner tonight. Lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I walked outside to take a bag of trash to the dumpster out back.
This kid in his late teens to early 20s walks by, dressed in a wool cap, camo print hoodie, cargo shorts, black knee socks and Nike flip flops.

I said, wow son, aren't you warm dressed like that?
It's going to be near 90 degrees again today.

He gives me the hands out to the side attitude stance, bends at the knees and says Yeah, and what of it?

I said, no need to get huffy, I'm old enough to be your Mother, I was making conversation.
He walks away saying something about f'ing people.
Geez! Lol

So yes, another hot, muggy day.
I'm staying inside where it's cool and hipster snowflake free.

:hammer::yum:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
. He gives me the hands out to the side attitude stance, bends at the knees and says Yeah, and what of it?

Either too many drugs or not enough drugs . . . :th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gym this morning then physio. Drove the kids in to school. Last day today. They take the bus in the fall. Yay. It's been a crazy month driving them in every morning then picking them up after school. That's 3 different schools. Next year will be 4 schools but they'll all be bused.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not working until Monday, so..
Not much.
Staying cool!
It's going to be hotter than heck like this up until the middle of next month.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We've been working at the old house again this afternoon getting the remaining cabinets from downstairs in preparation for a good cleaning so we can list it. We had a guy in doing painting and some basement bathroom renos for the past two weeks. He finished yesterday. It's almost ready for the market.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sweating my a$$ off. 30 celcius in the shade. Don't get me wrong, it's a welcome change from -40 but too damned hot. We're at camp for a well deserved break until weds. Then we go to town and take care of a few appointments before coming back out Friday.

Next weekend we haul the camper to town to prepare for our vacation to mount Rushmore leaving the 19th and returning home in August.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's 92 here, Brian.
At least today there is a breeze.

You all are going to have a blast on your vacation in the Black Hills.

I've been cleaning the apartment while Aimee is away, and just made a blueberry clafoutis.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweating my a$$ off. 30 celcius in the shade. Don't get me wrong, it's a welcome change from -40 but too damned hot. We're at camp for a well deserved break until weds. Then we go to town and take care of a few appointments before coming back out Friday.

Next weekend we haul the camper to town to prepare for our vacation to mount Rushmore leaving the 19th and returning home in August.

Canadian eh!!!

If it gets any hotter . . .

Attachments

• D7B3CD10-9BD2-4A89-898C-1F50044CD737.jpeg
    D7B3CD10-9BD2-4A89-898C-1F50044CD737.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 41

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
lots of choices near home swap meet, surplus sale at school, logger rodeo and fair and gay pride parade

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Staying cool, keeping it real.
Went to early bird mass to avoid the heat.
Surprised there weren't that many people attending.
Gosh, it's only 80° right now.

:yuk:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy folks,
started the day by going about 4 miles to walk around a nice little lake. Saw quite a few turtles and a few birds. Coming home took the woodsy route and saw a peacock, a wild mama hog with about 6 new younguns about a day old. Next checked out a new baby donkey and got closer to the house and 3 more wild hogs. Just a cool morning for a little adventure. By the way the temperature here this morning is 73. Well, hope yall have a goodun!!!!!!:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cooled down today slightly. It's 15 celcius which is a welcome change from 32 yesterday. I made an attempt at getting some firewood but the chainsaw isn't running right. So I'm heading back to the city tomorrow for a truck load cut and split.

Canadian eh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.