• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac ST4 1971 cleats wanted

thepaceline

Hi,
anyone out there got some track cleats for sale. I need x8 standard cleats (ST7656)? I'm UK based but the Snow Trac is in French Alps.

thepaceline

Hi, 3 band tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_4476.jpg
    IMG_4476.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 186

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the easiest way to remove them is a grinder and cut the bolts. what did you drive over?

thepaceline

Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. A couple broke sliding off the transporter and the others on the very rocky track up to the house. Amazingly it got up there ok with 7 snapped cleats.

I'm planning to get then welded together. Any thoughts?

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you would have better results getting some steel channel and cutting it to match the profile.

If you do get them welded, I would swap with other cleats so they are not together.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. A couple broke sliding off the transporter and the others on the very rocky track up to the house. Amazingly it got up there ok with 7 snapped cleats.

I'm planning to get then welded together. Any thoughts?
I have welded my 2 ban grousers with good results.
jim