• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is this a Snow Trac transmission?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can anyone identify this? I have not had my transmission out, but is this a Snow Trac transmission?

Part # 113.301.102B 10. Serial #A2484373.

Attachments

• 321680.jpg
    321680.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 322

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Bob , Does this help ??? I snapped this picture when I was at Lyndon's this past winter . It is a snow Trac .
Allen

Attachments

• snow trac Tranmission.jpg
    snow trac Tranmission.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 319

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks, that is it! I figured it was a Snow Trac but had not seen one pulled and apart.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I typically don't post information I get via PMs but this information is relevant to the thread and not personal. I could tell there were slight differences between the transmissions and figured they were from different series/years. Here is the real information from an expert!

1946vw said:
Thanks for the lead on the snow trac. I have worked on VWs for 35 years the first trans is a pre 61 vw and the second is a post 61. If that helps If you need VW info I would be glad to help
Brian

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a Beetle! Pretty good picture as I can read the serial number. Starting with 113 it's a standard (Early) VW Bug Transaxel. Snow Trac's all had VW Bus Transaxels that have 211 part numbers. This is smoe home made rig, not a snow trac part.