• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Tyres

Alp Trac

I am looking for some help and offering some!

I want to source Tyres for by big wheel twin band ST4.

I have found the smaller tyres 4 x 4 inch 6 ply at www.marc-ingegno.it but cannot find the larger ones anywhere.

Does anyone know where the larger ones (600 x 100mm 6ply) can be purchased, preferably in Europe, but also in the States please?

thanks

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Christer said that Trelleborg has stopped producing the large 100 X 600 tire, but that Goodyear makes one. I was unable to obtain the Goodyear tires in the US and had to get them thru Christer. They are a good substitute. On a sperate note, we had 2 polar Bears here yesterday, but no sign of snow. My roommate made pictures of the Rolligon and I'll try to get them posted tonight.

Alp Trac

Hi Lyndon, do you have a reference for the goodyear tyres that you obtained from Christer please? I spoke with Goodyear Europe today and they said they did not produce such a tyre! Is it maybe an aviation tyre or something, thanks, alp trac

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I do not have the information here in Prudhoe Bay Alaska, however I'm heading home to the "Lower 48" shortly and as soon as I get home I'll get you the numbers. It's a farm implament tire. It's snowing here, 900 miles from the North Pole.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Bogus Info #*!....+-=

Looks like I posted some BOGUS Info. The Replacement Rear, or "Big" Tire is not a Goodyear, It's a Continental "T9". Size 4.00-16. AS FRONT. I was unable to get them from Continental dealers in my area. They have ribs and look like they are for the front of a 'Tricycle' type tractor.

Alp Trac

Hi Lyndon,

I have found a 4.00-16 4 ply tyre made by Fulda in Germany, see

http://www.fulda-reifen.com/WYS/Pages?&pg=agricultural.tires_as.front&db=Ecoplan/Internet/Fulda/gwfwys7en.nsf&dt

Do you think it is too knobbly??

The details are:

Ihr Fulda-Händler Very good tracking and climbing capacity make the steering axle tire the ideal drive tire partner
tractor steers out of a furrow or a deep rut, how when turning it safely supports the steering forces in the ground or how the tire also resists heavy extra loads, for example, with the use of front-mounted equipment or loading shovels, are key criteria of this all-round tire. And that over a long operating period – the AS FRONT has all these characteristics.

NUTZEN MERKMAL
Very good climbing capacity, easy steering even on heavy ground
Lateral edges on the outer angled blocks

Sure tracking, counters lateral slipping on transverse slopes
Effective track double groove

Very good self-cleaning
Cross-divided parallel grooves

Reliable soil protection on any surface
Flat running surface contour with broad double groove

Use of front-mounted equipment and loading shovels
Carcass consists of high tear-resistant fiber material

Outstanding durability
Long economical use of the tire

Tire size Recommended rim
(measuring rim) Load capacity
(kg) Air pressure
(at)
4.00 - 16 4 PR TT 3.00 D 320 3,5

Maximum speed: 30 km/h

Fulda Reifen GmbH & Co. KGKünzeller Straße 59-6136043 Fulda
Telefon: +49 (0) 661 14-0Telefax: +49 (0) 661 14 22 04info@fulda.comwww.fulda-reifen.de

Attachments

• 4.00-16 4ply.jpg
    4.00-16 4ply.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 281