• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugerman

Physical therapy today, legs are real sore, but my ability to walk is coming back , balance is still somewhat sketchy but it to is getting better, arthritis is bad, always is in cool wet weather. Supposed to get up to around 70 today, lots of sunshine.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I can relate. Hope you can regain your strength. One step at a time.

I just canceled out on scouts. Gallbladder is really acting up. Hot. Cold. Feverish. Sharp pains. Nauseous. Ugh.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
IT got me through last Friday night. The Wife and I had a great week end at the bungalow and the Ranch property.

Pure single malt.

No Advil involved.

Watcha drink Franc?

I like the peaty side - Lagavulin, Laphroig, Ardbeg.
But I also go for Jamesons 18 reserve. A friend brings from Ireland often.

rugerman

Thanks Northern Redneck I intend to try real hard. Gallbladder is pretty routine surgery you might be better off to just get it out, I believe that they do it arthroscopic now a days. Best of luck David

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
just trying to get things back on track after the cabin trip.( I can't figure out why if I take a 3 day vacation I end up 3 weeks behind ) Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Northern Redneck I intend to try real hard. Gallbladder is pretty routine surgery you might be better off to just get it out, I believe that they do it arthroscopic now a days. Best of luck David

Yup, I've got 3 little scars on my mid-section.
They also take your appendix now as well, at least they do around here.
I think Brian should just get his butt to the hospital and have it out.
No sense messing around!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Watcha drink Franc?

I like the peaty side - Lagavulin, Laphroig, Ardbeg.
But I also go for Jamesons 18 reserve. A friend brings from Ireland often.

I'm partial to Glenfiddich 12 yr single malt. But for medicinal purposes I'll settle for Dinsmore blended.

We have a distillery near St. Joseph MO that makes a whisky but they cannot call it scotch. Old McCormack. Remarkably smooth and ridiculously cheap. I will confess to using it as well.

I like Pinch for it's smoky flavor. At $60.00 relatively expensive for a blend.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m headed for Walgreens this afternoon.

Which aisle would I find this miracle elixir you call “scotch”?

Actually, they have it at Walgreens. But you won't find it at the pharmacy. The one I use only carries Johnny Walker.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup, I've got 3 little scars on my mid-section.
They also take your appendix now as well, at least they do around here.
I think Brian should just get his butt to the hospital and have it out.
No sense messing around!

Agreed. If it is his Gallbladder, it won't get better by waiting.
In the unlikely chance it isn't, he had best find out what it is.
Canadians always brag on their healthcare system. Why wait?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone. It's getting dealt with. I have a ct scan booked to confirm that's what it is as the ultrasound didn't give a clear enough picture as well as an upcoming appointment with my surgeon. In the meantime it's painful but not unmanageable yet. If it does get bad then I can get my butt to emerg and get things moving quicker.

The kids are home from school again today as the teachers are holding another one day strike. They're fighting to maintain the current classroom sizes and prevent cutbacks to the support services for special needs kids. Our current provincial leader wants to cut education funding by increasing class sizes and reducing the amount of teachers and support staff. He also wants to implement at home online mandatory courses for all students without taking into account that some students require additional support and modifications to their programming.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still in pain from the gallbladder but not letting it stop me.

Headed to the city first thing this morning. Stopped at home depot for some lumber for 3 different projects I've got going on. Went to a local scrap yard to pick up a couple of rims for winter tires on my son's car. Went to the gym. Went to the old house to get the last few things left in the laundry room. Went to the chiropractor. All by 1pm.

Then came home to work in the garage building a half wall around the stairwell upstairs. Got that done. Next on the agenda out there is a quick track adjustment on the snowmobile then I can pull the grand am in and start tearing out the rear struts and front tie rods next week sometime.

Driving my son to work soon then another appointment this evening with my vein doctor for a follow up after last weeks foam injections in my leg for my varicose veins. I might actually get to sit down for a few minutes this evening.

f2f5e5aad7ed90aeb83c7a68861374cc.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Getting a leaking tire on my wife's expedition repaired. Then an oil change. Our replacement bases for the king size bed are being delivered today. When I get home, I have to do a quick snowblower repair on my aunt's snowblower again.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The usual Friday morning gym/coffee routine. Dropped off a couple of winter tires to be mounted on new rims for my son's car. Feeling sick to my stomach with sharp pain in my right abdomen so I came home and kicked my feet up this afternoon and had me a nap.

We're surprising the girls this evening. Months ago we bought tickets to see the "Newsboys" in concert in Duluth Minnesota. The girls don't know yet. We're heading down for the 4 hr drive in the morning to see the concert then staying the night before coming back Sunday.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked from 2pm yesterday straight into 6am this morning.
I am never going to do that again.
Holy cow.
:doh:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The wife and I went to dinner with some friends last night and got home passed my bed time so I slept in today. Just had lunch and now I think I will clean up the mini truck after the trip. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
The wife and I went to dinner with some friends last night and got home passed my bed time so I slept in today. Just had lunch and now I think I will clean up the mini truck after the trip. Marty

Cleaned up the mini truck and went to see my sick friend Robert.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I hurt my back 'way back on the 1st of February so I haven't done anything worthwhile since.

However, I did have an automatic door operator installed on the gates at the front of the property yesterday and today. Those gates haven't really been closed in the last 22 years but while we were gone over Christmas we had a couple of visitors. Luckily, my neighbor was coming down her driveway and saw them going up ours. She went up there and chased them off. The little girl has "pluck". The end result was that I was given instructions "to get that gate fixed so that it closes and like NOW". Well, it wasn't exactly "Like NOW" but it is done. I can sit at the house over a hundred yards away and open and close it. COOL!

For those that are interested it's a US Automatic Patriot 2.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to youngest grand daughters basketball game. She's just 7 and the shortest on the team but she player her heart out. Scored 3 baskets and had 3 or 4 steals and loose ball recoveries. Such fun to watch the little ones play and get a little better each trip down the court.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Taking it easy today. After yesterday's trip to buy a Yamaha four runner, and then an afternoon shopping with the wife at Lowes, Walmart and Bass Pro, I needed a day off.

My leg muscles still hurt from my seizures ( from chasing a truck) last week. And constant pain in my lower back keeps movements down.

So all I did this morning was, clear the debris out of the garage to make some room, remove the oaks stair covers I cut to fit last week, and setup to start staining, and poly urethane them.

It's too cold in the garage to stain so I'll wait.

Somewhere in the master bathroom closet, is a junction box behind the drywall where I can install a light fixture. But the Wife painted over my pencil lines so I'm not exactly sure where the damn thing is on the wall.

Monday, the plant is down because product was held up in shipping. I'll spend the day catching upon stainless mods, Building tables and modifying for packing cartons and box taping lines.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today I pulled out the first Antique Winchester I got in my collection it is a 1894 model manufactured in 1898 these rifles were the first to have chrome steel barrels designed for smokless powder.. it is a semi deluxe take down model in excellent condition for a 122 year old rifle. I haven't shot it in 5-6 years as I bought 2000 Rounds of Privi 30-30 ammo for it and when I shot it after a couple rounds the brass was sticking I cleaned it and shot it again and the same thing so I put it away. A couple of years ago when you could still buy ammo here on line I bought 2000 rounds of Winchester 30-30 on sale. Today I decided to shoot it again and used the Winchester ammo, it cycled flawlessly and I shot up 2 boxes of ammo. I don't know what the difference is but there is a difference. Now I will sell off the privi as I don't have another gun in 30-30 to try it in. Dads little boy even got in the picture. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0593.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 75

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, today I pulled out the first Antique Winchester I got in my collection it is a 1894 model manufactured in 1898 these rifles were the first to have chrome steel barrels designed for smokless powder.. it is a semi deluxe take down model in excellent condition for a 122 year old rifle. I haven't shot it in 5-6 years as I bought 2000 Rounds of Privi 30-30 ammo for it and when I shot it after a couple rounds the brass was sticking I cleaned it and shot it again and the same thing so I put it away. A couple of years ago when you could still buy ammo here on line I bought 2000 rounds of Winchester 30-30 on sale. Today I decided to shoot it again and used the Winchester ammo, it cycled flawlessly and I shot up 2 boxes of ammo. I don't know what the difference is but there is a difference. Now I will sell off the privi as I don't have another gun in 30-30 to try it in. Dads little boy even got in the picture. Marty

I have a more modern version of the same model gun. 1960 MFG date. I love it. Great action, smooth and flawless.

Do I understand correctly, is this one for sale?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I have a more modern version of the same model gun. 1960 MFG date. I love it. Great action, smooth and flawless.

Do I understand correctly, is this one for sale?
Not the gun. I have 2000 rounds of PPU 30-30 ammo I will sell cheap though. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing new here.
I'm working all week into next Sunday.
Well, I do get Wednesday off.
We're going through staff shortage right now because of influenza b having a heyday from 1st shift to nights.
Our back unit is on quarantine as well.
Yup, it's rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.