• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm off today.
Last night after work, one of the young aides was still hanging around in the parking lot. This was way after her clock out time.
She approached me and asked if I could go buy her vaping pods for her juul.
Ummm, no.
The smoking age has been raised to 21, she's 17.
Tried to explain to her that I won't do that, just like I wouldn't buy a kid alcohol.
She wasn't very happy with me. Lol
Too bad.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dasha asked me about JUUL once. I warned her away because of the nicotine. She just thought they were cool. But as she won’t even sip wine she really backed away from the JUUL because of the nicotine. Damn addictive stuff it is. I don’t think there is any way to get JUUL refills without nicotine, or with all the crazy stuff that they put in some of the vape pipes (unless there are counterfeit JUUL products that contain that lung causing crap)

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, yesterday was a flop not of my own doing. This should be in the rants forum but whatever.

First, I had trial injections into my right leg last week. The secretary booked me for 8am yesterday for the full treatment. So my wife took time off work and drove me in at 7:15 am yesterday. We get there and discover that there was a temporary secretary and she screwed up. It's 8pm not 8am. So my wife drove me the 25 minutes back home then went to work.

I drove myself there last night where I see the doctor. I was fully prepared to get the injections done. He told me that the secretary again screwed up and that he only does the foam injections on certain days. He did 3 spots though as a test last night but rebooked me for the 29th for the full treatment.

I would like to take the cheap shot about Federalized health care but,,,; The very same incompetence occurs in private medicine as well

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Should we presume your modeling career is on hold until you get those veins repaired?:laugh3:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Dasha asked me about JUUL once. I warned her away because of the nicotine. She just thought they were cool. But as she won’t even sip wine she really backed away from the JUUL because of the nicotine. Damn addictive stuff it is. I don’t think there is any way to get JUUL refills without nicotine, or with all the crazy stuff that they put in some of the vape pipes (unless there are counterfeit JUUL products that contain that lung causing crap)

Were it not for the addictive nature of nicotine, which assures the provider of a steady client base in need of the product, there would be no vaping system products sold.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Were it not for the addictive nature of nicotine, which assures the provider of a steady client base in need of the product, there would be no vaping system products sold.

I believe most of vaping products are actually used as marijuana delivery devices, not nicotine delivery devices

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe most of vaping products are actually used as marijuana delivery devices, not nicotine delivery devices

Are you missing the point about nicotine? Or assuming I was unaware of the menace of cannabis which is supposedly non addictive.
Big tobacco got into legal trouble by denying that their product was addictive and harmful. The reason people by their product is because they are addicted. All the while knowing full well it shortens their lives with a cruel and painful end.

Frankly it is the very same why many of us drink way too much coffee.

Vapers and smokers do so, at first, because advertising tells them it is cool. Ask them to quit, show them why, and they can't. Not because they are addicted to being cool. But to nicotine.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to take the cheap shot about Federalized health care but,,,; The very same incompetence occurs in private medicine as well

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Should we presume your modeling career is on hold until you get those veins repaired?:laugh3:

Lmao. Between the veins on my legs and the huge scars on my abdomen, I fear that my modeling days are done.

Today was more of a relaxing day. I did go to the city this morning to go to the gym but it was a slower workout for me as my legs aren't working so well today.

I picked up a new/used ripsaw 136 x 15 x 1.25" track for the snowmobile. I may tackle the installation tomorrow as I have nothing else planned.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today its raining, blowing and cold, the good news is today is suppose to be the last of it for a couple of weeks, that said I am making another plan to go to the work cabin. I am doing paperwork today instead of Tuesday next week so we can go Saturday and come back Tuesday. The weather report for the mountain says the same, snow ending tonight then clear for 2 weeks if it holds we will be playing in the snow soon. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the day in the garage working on the snowmobile. Old track is off. New one is installed. Still have to put the suspension back in along with reassembling the chaincase. Looking forward to seeing how it goes in the deeper snow.

Speaking of snow, we're under a severe weather watch for tomorrow night. 15-25 cms with 50km winds.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Like a dumbass, I picked up another shift today.
When I'm offered double time I won't say no.
This was offered with the understanding that Sunday is only going to be a half shift.
It's ok. I intend to pay cash for the new car.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Like a dumbass, I picked up another shift today.
When I'm offered double time I won't say no.
This was offered with the understanding that Sunday is only going to be a half shift.
It's ok. I intend to pay cash for the new car.
Good for you!!!

You go girl.
:applause::applause::applause:

rugerman

Be careful with overtime, I found out the hard way, I was short a pharmacist from the end of October to the end of February so I worked straight thru with just a day or two off a week , Uncle Sam cleaned my clock on April 15 for two years in a row.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate changes in barometric pressure. I've been sore for 2 days prior to this storm. Thankfully we didn't get as much snow as they called for overnight. However, it is snowing and it supposed to pick up this morning and last all day.

I was supposed to head to the city this morning for men's breakfast at the church however with the storm, I'm staying home as I have to go there this afternoon to play guitar. If I can get out that is.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Working again today.
I cannot wait until they get the renovation over.
It's a dusty, crowded mess at the moment.
The owner of our facility was in from New Jersey yesterday to inspect how things are coming along.
He's pleased.
Nice Jewish guy, Mr Stern.
He owns like 40 nursing facilities in NC, along the east coast and here in Ohio.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I going to Council Bluffs (35 miles) to a gun show. That's about it for me on this cold and snowy January day.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Still trying to go to the mountain but the weather will not cooperate. I was going to go Thursday -snow, postponed was going to go today and come back Tuesday -snow. so this weekend I am going to do paperwork as I have some outstanding bids to complete, that can build some time where I can just go when the Roads are clear instead of trying to plan weekends. It doesn't matter if it snows while I'm there but not when traveling pulling a trailer. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hate changes in barometric pressure. I've been sore for 2 days prior to this storm. Thankfully we didn't get as much snow as they called for overnight. However, it is snowing and it supposed to pick up this morning and last all day.

I was supposed to head to the city this morning for men's breakfast at the church however with the storm, I'm staying home as I have to go there this afternoon to play guitar. If I can get out that is.
First round of plowing done. About 10" so far and not slowing down. I wanted to get a start on it so it's easier to clean up tomorrow. Heading to the city soon to play music at the church.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I got about halfway to the city and got a call from our minister asking me how the roads are and if she should cancel the service. We both quickly decided to cancel. So I turned around and came home. This is what the highway looks like most of the way to the city.
9fbf8cc48cb2d53cff596da8cb60a263.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked back in the unit last night.
Nothing like being called to the dining hall to break up a near fight over a bingo game.
I told the gents that they both served during the war, now here you sit getting all fussed over 50 cents.
It's happened before and will happen again.

Today is a half shift. Off at 6.
I'll come home and order a pizza.

Baby it's cold outside...:fr2:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy all you folks North of Texas,
man we had a bad one last night. It went down to 42 this morning. Well, stay warm!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like we finally have an offer on our old house in the city. But I don't want to get excited and jinx the deal as nothing is done until we have a cheque in our hand and the papers are signed.

That being said, I'm skipping church this morning but still going to the city to clear snow at that property. That'll take about 2 hours.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm staying home today with a long list of Honey do's. The wife bought new curtains and bedding so I'm staining two 15 panel glass doors and putting up curtain rods in the master bedroom.
And if I have time, a new ceiling fan.

Not a thing wrong with the old one, ugh:hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy all you folks North of Texas,
man we had a bad one last night. It went down to 42 this morning. Well, stay warm!!!

Yea, and it's supposed to be worse tomorrow, down to 31°F in the morning in East Texas. THAT'S BELOW FREEZING!. Today is absolutely beautiful, not a cloud in the sky and a temps in the low 60s. Pity, I'm watching the play-offs.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
yesterday I did paper work and worked on the Raidtrac, got the new drive sprockets mounted on the drive hubs. Details in the ATV section. This morning I am headed to the field to drop off a work platform to a customer. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I ended up working until 11pm last night.
:hammer: :rtfm:

Today...
I'm not doing a thing except a little grocery shopping.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to the gym and then grocery store to buy some things for the American Legion. I'll probably stay home the rest of the day since it's around zero degrees now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had thoughts on going to the gym for 10AM but my ultrasound appointment at 920 went too long. Instead, I picked up a couple new belts for my aunt's snowblower and got to work fixing it then tackled mine to adjust the belt tensioner and snow shute.

Going on an evening hike with the scouts tonight

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today, scratchy throat and all.
I'll have to take extra precautions as there is no one to replace me, or willing to work for me.
I see how that happens. :hammer:

By the way, my Mother would have turned 85 today.
Happy Birthday in Heaven, Mommy.
:heart1:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good night hike last night. We did about 3km down a trail in packed snow under the stars with no flashlights. A couple of our newest scouts were invested into the troop.

Today was supposed to be a relaxing day at home with no appointments. Instead, the teachers are holding a one day strike so 4 of the 5 kids are home. Of course the oldest boy had to go to school and conveniently missed his bus so I drove his butt in then picked up a programmable thermostat for the fireplace, came home and installed it. Then I installed a new motion sensor light for the dogs door outside. Drove back into the city to pick up a used step ladder I found for sale. Came home. Loaded up the garbage and did a dump run. Typical day for me so far.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Work is steadily picking up ( normal for this time of year ) lots of job walks and estimates. Just got done for the day. Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.