• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm home with nothing much to do this afternoon so I figured I whip up a decent meal. I've got a meeting at the school so we're eating early, and tonight is the might Mrs_B stays at school an extra hour for tutoring so ...

I've got some frozen cod, not as good as fresh, but its what I had. It's baking with a simple honey-miso glaze.

For the sides I'm lightly sauteing some fresh leeks in butter, just to caramelize them lightly. Green beans added to the leeks, just to make the green beans a little special.

Cauliflower with cheese (from a frozen package).

Some home made risoto with sundried tomatoes, porchini mushrooms, and italian spices which I cooked in organic chicken stock instead of water to give it a bit more richness and flavor.

And a tossed salad.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
A frozen pizza that i added ham and more cheese to so it has more flavor. Gonna be done in about 15 minutes and i can't wait. yum yum :w00t2:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A frozen pizza that i added ham and more cheese to so it has more flavor.

The lovely wife cooked that for us on Friday evening. I'm lactose intolerant. I think she is sending me a message? :mellow:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I will be eating some of the leftover Chili from Sunday's gathering. It's GREAT stuff.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a subway night here. We did grocery shopping tonight. Did regular shopping plus got all the fixings for the Thanksgiving day dinner. So no cooking here tonight.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
On the way home I saw a sign for $6.99 steak dinner at the local "irish" pub. 8 oz steak came with salad and cheesy garlic mashed skin on taters. not bad.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
well like Bob i had nothing on so i done a family meal....

Roasted a joint of Pork the crackling was spot on....roasted potatoes,broccoli and cauliflower for veg and some sage and onion stuffing on the side.

Our bellies went pop and the wife was chuffed to come home to a nice meal.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I had shrimp lo mein, and 6 crab rangoon, and brought the leftovers home with me.

I thought you were a vegetarian? That must only apply to meat as I see you can decimate the world's seafood population singlehandedly. I'm going into hiding now before the bombs start flying. :hide::hide::hide:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought you were a vegetarian? That must only apply to meat as I see you can decimate the world's seafood population singlehandedly. I'm going into hiding now before the bombs start flying. :hide::hide::hide:
I yam... and next time I see you Franky boy, ya gonna get it with the wet fish, right across the chops.
You're right, I LOVE seafood, chinese.. etc.. :)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had;
A tuna melt (on whole wheat),cheese curds and potato soup from A&W.
'Twas deeeeeelish!

§tella

bumpq.gif

We're celebrating Mother's Day tonight so we don't hit crowds tomorrow. My parents, my bf and I are hitting a Brazilian steakhouse. Haven't been to this one though.

I'm trying to starve myself so I have room lol.

BamsBBQ

no quite sure... the fatty i Q'd today is for biscuits & gravy tomorrow...the abt's are to munch on...might have to take another trip to the grocery store to see what i can put on the bbq

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
had vegetable spring rolls and a slightly modified panang curry served over red glutinous rice. dessert was a coconut milk custard with fresh pineapple. (making up for last night's thumb thick grilled pork chop and steamed mixed veggies)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nuked some Amy's mac and cheese right before I left for work- put it in a tupperware container then reheated in the microwave in the break room.
Also packed a salad of fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, sliced cukes and almonds with honey dijon dressing.

benspawpaw

damn bam you gota quit posting all these pics my wife says i am fat already cant stand much more :biggrin:

by the way how bout some secerets for steaks ribs and such?:brows:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Why do I open threads like this while starving to death at lunch time?:unsure: