• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Presidential debate tonight

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else watching?

I think Obama is winning by staying positive. McCain is clearly attacking Obama and I don't think it is playing very well with the crowd. Obama is taking in optimistic terms and sounds good. McCain is actually giving some specifics and does talk a bit in positive terms but overall seems less inspiring, even if he is more concrete in what he says. Obama still is talking in generalities.

Your take?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's early but both are taking shots, McCain at Obama and Obama at Bush. I wish the Democrats would get over Bush. Water over the dam. But McCain is doing more attacking that is unnecessary. Obama is winning.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's early but both are taking shots, McCain at Obama and Obama at Bush. I wish the Democrats would get over Bush. Water over the dam. But McCain is doing more attacking that is unnecessary. Obama is winning.

Yes, I am half listening Bob, and yes Steve, sadly.. I agree..:neutral:

k-dog

I'm watching as well. Osama makes me tired as he keeps talking about change but has yet to go into any specifics about his change.

The sad part is a good portion of the people voting don't do the necessary research on the candidates but rely on some of the crap from their ads. Osama and the Dems are hammering home McCain being republican as is George Bush.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Obama is being very concise and very focused on what McCain is saying, with great interest.
McCain seems a little stiff and unsure.
Maybe that's just my take?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think hammering McCain on the Bush III issue is getting pretty tiring.

Obama is sure slick, I'll give him credit for that. Scares the hell out of me. Talking in such general terms when the devil is in the details. Obama sure talks about all the things government will give us. Yikes the nanny state is getting bigger by the second.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I think hammering McCain on the Bush III issue is getting pretty tiring.

Obama is sure slick, I'll give him credit for that. Scares the hell out of me. Talking in such general terms when the devil is in the details. Obama sure talks about all the things government will give us. Yikes the nanny state is getting bigger by the second.

What does the nanny look like? :ermm:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
ah Crap ..... Its turning ugly on both sides now . I like the way it started out as it looked like the two would stay civil and stick to issues but then McCain took a Shot and it turned down hill from there .

Hey ??? Why won't McCain look at Obama when he is talking about him or to him ? I have never trusted any man that could not look me in the eyes when he was talking to me ....

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have never trusted any man that could not look me in the eyes when he was talking to me ....

Al, remember you weren't there or him to look at you :poke: :rolf2: I think McCain wanted to look at the audience and the TV.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Again, when it was all about the economy Obama was strong. When it was about security McCain was strong. I don't think this debate as the last one will change anyone's vote. JMO

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Eh.... planned to watch, but wifey was feelin crappy so we watched a movie instead... interesting PG13 slasher flick...

Guess I will have to check Fox...:thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
NBC's (hey I only have rabbit ears and this is all I get :hammer:) truth squad pretty much said both candidates don't have their numbers correct. :pat:

What are we getting people?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
NBC's (hey I only have rabbit ears and this is all I get :hammer:) truth squad pretty much said both candidates don't have their numbers correct. :pat:

What are we getting people?

Attachments

• polls.jpg
    polls.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 63

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, remember you weren't there or him to look at you :poke: :rolf2: I think McCain wanted to look at the audience and the TV.

You knucklehead !:shock:LOL I have never seen McCain look in Obama's direction in any debate . :blink:

D

darroll

I felt Obama got rattled a couple of times by his stuttering.
Alternant fuel?
My truck runs on gas.
Could not see a clear winner, just promises.
darroll

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
You knucklehead !:shock:LOL I have never seen McCain look in Obama's direction in any debate . :blink:

NBC pointed that out too. But when Obama or McCain did look at each other then we could not see their eyes. :hammer:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I felt Obama got rattled a couple of times by his stuttering.
Alternant fuel?
My truck runs on gas.
Could not see a clear winner, just promises.
darroll

I agggggree , I also have a slight stuttering problem and it comes back whenever I get tired or really upset .

American Woman

Site Supporter
k-dog said:
Osama makes me tired as he keeps talking about change but has yet to go into any specifics about his change.
I know!!!
icon8.gif

He starts off with his plan but never gives a follow thru.
I have never seen McCain look in Obama's direction in any debate . :blink:
Me either, and looking someone in the eye when talking to them is a big plus to me also. It seems to be an old fashioned notion though. :rolleyes:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Im voting for one of the chairs they were sitting on for President and then the other one for VP.