• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

plexiglass

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I was told WD40 sprayed on and left for awhile will work ,but I have never tried it. Supposenly this guy did this on his side windows in his airplane .

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I dunno about WD-40. Is there any petroleum products in there?

I'd be more inclined to use a buffing compound of some kind. Perhaps an ultrafine jewlers rouge?

Believe it or not, I have heard that regular Crest toothpaste will do the trick also.

edit: Here is a professional product.

Vance

The Novus products work well if you're willing to put in the elbow grease. I use it on my Jeep soft top windows. It is a three stage product that polishes and fills scratches. I've also heard of other Jeepers using Lemon Pledge with excellent results (I don't know why Lemon ?)

Personally, I'm getting rid of my plexiglass in my machine. I thought about going to lexan, which the glass co said was much better for scratch resistance, but decided on glass.

I'll be able to SEE again out the side windows!!

Vance

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Ordinary car wax works pretty well if it's not too badly scratched.

mlang2005

I have used the liquid type car wax with good results, if plain car wax dosent cut the fog add some mothers aluminum polish to the wax, works great on the new clear headlight lenses.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Fixed the problem lamanated glass is really pretty cheap!!! Thanks all!

AKdadio

I was going to say lemon pledge first thing, then saw another post saying pledge. Try it. It works great on snow machine / snow mobile windshields.