• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford 59T-7006 manual tranny

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone got much knowledge on the 59T-7006 4 speed manual by Ford?!

I might have to replace throwout bearing as it seems like the possible noise I'm hearing is due to that issue. It still runs/drives, but I'm not sure if I like how it sounds.

Any good site to look over or some "shop" to talk to?

nikson
Nd49emgTAUKS8RPXr7dPocfcVXspI-GJwYMy-f0-zflpH-Q-8zWfuTZxMyYP4MPLG5nEakBHg2Kb8JYKwMtpuNVenuvCi0J4y5mLviatCyoJNTn1J1nevspoImyykvzbntKM_sa2aKrgP6Vr3BOToobODvXU75U54ThUyCeqFmISKfTFAWrdmjNUXJKr5QPfIyaaBprhxitXuHIXatnzKaYYfRY8xxryEnPneTn75-L5bS2TucyShehsQAgLDLmBnMscU1YvKG9HRs7yjtX42L3WuZNz4gR5y_y_PoofgKfadekMZLEriNzFmAZ5H_X-L3RxnX8b9LXieT9LWiANwwfsEGIpIG1_1uh_DZHL3IKzeGgjk2mpHykSv-2SxQjh8d1CTscQbwGRRqFnXb6lY9YA8kfgGV_kHsmk3EmzxSp9II1MqbnsynkVR1UmM02iovBSGuXtOQrNR4FyGRZ_O_mp3zhkTT57ObYD94rbLtm89V2UjfhM4dsN6ev7tXlcsFVw2r-GKzA11c2b3ok4OzxApn9YoeemO3UwO78wInAMGYZiaG3FthgpQgqyQM5Xr-Da55-lUIEKYYOk7aWMFninBM4XLNpppJwmnkexAIB2C_xUSb8zDDwQBhWNBZr5fPt-srSJNbTIvEQoSPCkss6mx2JmdXvVv_Q5AGiXrfV3ob9Q-rY9s7oO2TPc8GgQWFsmVwpBxMN8-EpCrLY=w858-h1143-no

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got it figured, seems like I need to adjust my clutch from the scratch and mind that its a non-syncro tranny, double clutch only 2-3-4, and one should use straight 140 weight oil for it...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
keep in mind, that snow cats should not be shifted between gears while moving, pick a gear and stay in it. I know, you can shift it while moving, but it is hard on the transmission and damage will result sooner than later.

get 600 wt from one of the antique ford part companies

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
keep in mind, that snow cats should not be shifted between gears while moving, pick a gear and stay in it. I know, you can shift it while moving, but it is hard on the transmission and damage will result sooner than later.

get 600 wt from one of the antique ford part companies

The only reason for my concerns were possibly that it was damaged prior, I'm still investigating, but seems like its possibly just a clutch that needs adjustments, or possibly replacement.

If i was going to the trouble of replacing parts, I just looked at the possible options of upgrading to something possibly more updated to ease access to parts.

At this point - seems like I wont have to...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does it make noises all of the time, or only when you depress the clutch?

Throw out bearings usually make noise if the clutch is depressed. If it is making noise while engaged it still could be that bearing if the clutch adjustment is way out of whack keeping the clutch operating arm in contact with throw out bearing. As the clutch wears, you loose free peddle travel in the peddle, and disengagement will happen at the slightest movement of the peddle. This is a clutch that is in dire need of adjustment. It should have at least 1" of travel before you feel it engage the throw out bearing. And yes, you should feel that happen....

I have seen throw out bearings that make noise with the peddle depressed as the bearing fails. It could be both, out of adjustment, and the throw out bearing has gone south because this issue was allowed to continue with out adjustment to stop it..... If you understand how this all works, you should be able to tell. Especially if you adjust the clutch peddle to give you some free play, and the noise goes away. This indicates the bearing is the issue...

Regards, Kirk

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Put magnetic drain and fill plugs in and see what you fish out. I install them in everything.

What H&H said, right on.