• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Info for an Oddball Cat

Mhodgie

Hi Group,
Longtime lurker first time poster. I have the opportunity to purchase a cat however I cannot find any info on it. The owner said it was made by Demag in Vancouver BC. It has a ford 300 6 with a four speed tranny the front tracks are steered hydraulically. I am going to look, and most likely purchase it this weekend as the price for the cat and the truck it is sitting on is very reasonable, if anyone has seen this style before or has any info it would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 502

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gotta wonder what the turning radius might be...

It would take some room between the front and rear track sets to turn very tightly. I don't suppose you could test drive, before you buy..

DeMag is a German, I think construction and mining equiptment manufacturer. Never heard of a demag in Vancouver before..

Regards, Kirk

undy

Hi Group,
Longtime lurker first time poster. I have the opportunity to purchase a cat however I cannot find any info on it. The owner said it was made by Demag in Vancouver BC. It has a ford 300 6 with a four speed tranny the front tracks are steered hydraulically. I am going to look, and most likely purchase it this weekend as the price for the cat and the truck it is sitting on is very reasonable, if anyone has seen this style before or has any info it would be helpful. Thanks.

Better scurry. Others are aware too: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=72525

Mhodgie

Just got back from picking it up got it for 700 bones:clap: so I couldn't resist. Now time for a complete tear down.