• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1202 ID tag, and ford 170 ID tag breakdown?

CASNOW40

I would like to know as much about my thiokol and the engine as possible if anyone has info?
Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 263

59muskeg

Your engine is a 170 cu, 6 cyl ford industrial, if the motor has not been swapped, the machine is most likely a 1202A 60,s vintage. Call Peterson equip and give them the No. They may be able to pull up the original build sheet. most likely has a clark 4 rear diff.

zspryte

Site Supporter
On the engine type - "C" means made in the 1960's. The 6 after the C makes it a 1966 engine. The PD denotes the engine model - P means an "Industrial Engine".

If the Spryte serial number is really 717 the machine was made some time after January, 1967. Peterson's might be able to give you a more precise date.

Peterson's told me the A in 1202A denotes the engine and rear end configuration. If true you have what is commonly called an "OC4" rear end. It has a S70FS Clark Transmission.

CASNOW40

All of that would make sense.. I appreciate the help! Anyone know of common problems with these machines?? Rear that the rear ends are not a strong point.. This unit only has about 900 hours on it.
Thanks all