• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are albums worth anything?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The vinyl ones.

I have several hundred albums. Are they worth anything or do I need to wait another 30 years?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
They are mostly oil based...how many can you squeeze into your gas tank?

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
bczoom said:
The vinyl ones.

I have several hundred albums. Are they worth anything or do I need to wait another 30 years?

Got any 45's stored with those albums ? I'm always looking for "new" (to me anyway) old records for my jukebox...............

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wish I had kept all the 45's I had. :(

But I'm wondering why I'm keeping Albums still. They are stored ...I'd guess it's close to 1000 of them. I haven't played one in years. I don't even have a turn table hooked up to my stereo.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
But I'm wondering why I'm keeping Albums still. They are stored ...I'd guess it's close to 1000 of them. I haven't played one in years. I don't even have a turn table hooked up to my stereo.
Ditto for me but I figure some day, they're going to be worth something due to nostalgia. Kind of like old books.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
The vinyl ones.

I have a bunch also. Mine are more easy listening, and are not worth much - maybe a dollar each.

If you have "rock" from the 60's and 70's, they are worth quite a bit. I just sold some for $10 & $15 each.

If you can find an honest collector in your area, get him to look at what you have. I responded to an ad on Craigslist. After talking to the guy for a while on the phone, I felt comfortable with him, so gave him our address. He came over, looked through our albums and decided he wanted a couple. He told me the easy listening stuff is not very valuable (Perry Como, Herb Albert, Ray Conneth, Ray Charles, etc.)

Bob

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Brian......I may be interested in some of your albums. I just purchased an entire warehouse of jukeboxes (65 total) in your neck of the woods. (western Pa) A couple have both 45's and albums too. I got a whole bunch of "art deco, disco & neon units" to choose from. Plus a couple late model CD units too. Now to find 65 friends who need jukeboxes in their gamerooms !!!!!!!:coolshade

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
"Now to find 65 friends who need jukeboxes in their gamerooms !!!!!!!"

Please PM me a price range. I may be interested in ONE.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wannafish said:
"Now to find 65 friends who need jukeboxes in their gamerooms !!!!!!!"

Please PM me a price range. I may be interested in ONE.
Ditto. I may be able to sell some for you.

Hey, if you're coming to W. PA, why don't you take these shelves back with you?

As for parting with "some" of my albums, nothing personal but I think I'm going to hang on to them. If the good ones are pulled out, the rest are probably worthless. If I keep it as a mix, it's then like baseball cards, where you need to buy the entire lot to get the ones you really want.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
TOMLESCOEQUIP said:
Brian......I may be interested in some of your albums. I just purchased an entire warehouse of jukeboxes (65 total) in your neck of the woods. (western Pa) A couple have both 45's and albums too. I got a whole bunch of "art deco, disco & neon units" to choose from. Plus a couple late model CD units too. Now to find 65 friends who need jukeboxes in their gamerooms !!!!!!!:coolshade

You need to clean out your PM inbox - it won't take my reply.:tiphat: