• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is in the Spending Bill?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are some of the reasons why the GOP is a failed party that lies to its base and will probably continue to lose.

Libertarian leaning GOP Senator from Kentucky has posted some of the highlights.

• o $12m for Scholarships for Lebanon
    o $20m for Middle East Partnership Initiative Scholarship Program
    o $12m in military funding for Vietnam
    o $3.5m in nutrition assistance to Laos
    o $15m in Developmental assistance to China
    o $10m for Women LEOs in Afghanistan
    o $1m for the World Meteorological Organization
    o $218m for Promoting Democracy Development in Europe (yep..the birthplace of democracy needs promoting)
    o $25m for International Religious Freedom
    o $10m for disadvantaged Egyptian Students
    o $1.371bn for Contributions to International Organizations
    o $51m to promote International Family Planning and Reproductive Health
    o $7m promoting International Conservation
    o $10m for UN Environmental Programs
    o $961 million to destroy our chemical weapons. Who was it, exactly, who convinced our government to pay billions to develop weapons we now find deplorable?
    o $5m for Vietnam Education Foundation Grants
    o $2.579m for Commission on Security and Co-operation in Europe
    o $15m to USAID for promoting international higher education between universities
    o $2.696bn for International Disaster Assistance
    o $1m for the Cultural Antiquities Task Force
    o $6.25m for the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation
    o $20m for Countering Foreign State Propaganda
    o $12m for Countering State Disinformation and Pressure

As Senator Paul is not done reading the bill it is very likely that the list will grow much longer.

Not included on the list are some highlights from major media sources like over $500,000,000.00 for Planned Parenthood.
Far less funding for a border wall than is needed.
No funding for the expansion of the Border Patrol.
Relaxed "catch & release" rules for illegal aliens so Obama's open door policy is extended.
Reduction in alien detention center beds for caught illegal aliens, forcing more releases (see the above point again!)
Expansion of H-2B alien worker quotas
CDC gun control research
NICS 'fix' that allows unelected bureaucrats to remove people, without due process, from the list of people allowed to buy guns
Funding for the local Gateway Bridge favored by Chuck Schumer

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Planned Deathhood is still funded to the tune of $500.000. Yes, that is not type, one half of a billion dollars to keep the baby murderer's doors open. This goes against what many phony Republicans and Trump campaigned on. A lie!!

NO WALL. Schumer and Piglosi taunt the President in public over it, yet Donald signs the bill anyway.

SlopeHead Schumer gets his tunnel. Again, he gloats stating I got my tunnel, but Trump gets no wall. Nice.

Veterans at the VA have now lost the ability to pick and choose a different doctor, thereby limiting a vital healthcare resource those on private insurance enjoy. The Republicans join the Democrats in putting the screws to our veterans yet again.

The Republicans in Congrees sold America down the road yet again and Trump signed it saying never again.

Well, guess what Donald, when the Dems take over Congress this fall, the first order of business will be to impeach you and take away from the American people their duly elected President. Guess what again, Donald, there will be enough Republicans who will join their Democrat buddies in making it happen.

I fear Donald has really shot himself in the foot over this. I gave up on the Republicans in Congress a long time ago, zero trust, that is why I supported Trump, as flawed as he is in some ways. I just cannot believe he signed that bill. He has been wonderful up to this point in keeping his campaign promises, but yesterday, I fear, it all came crashing down around us in swipe of the pen. Yesterday, Donald became part of the problem, not the solution. A real bad day for those of us who are part of his base. A real bad day.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What the hell was he thinking?

NO CLUE WHAT HE WAS THINKING :hammer:

Do you think Ronald Reagan would have signed this?

Or do you think he would have gone on TV and told the American public what was just put on his desk? I think he would have explained about a half hour worth of spending boondoggles, then talked about what the American people actually want. Then I think he would have VETOED the bill on national television while people in every bar, every living room and everywhere else there is a TV set would have cheered him on for doing what was right.

Instead we got the downfall of the republic that our founders feared. All in one bill. Thanks Donald.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
What the hell was he thinking?

You know, like many here we had varying degrees of consternation about Donald. I was prolly his biggest fan boy because I always felt, that no matter what, he was going to have his crap together about the budget, spending our money wisely. I was wrong. I admit it. Never easy to admit when one is wrong, but I am not sitting here making excuses. Excuses are for the liberals. HE IS WRONG ON THIS! I admit I was wrong on him. To say I am simply disappointed is a huge understatement.

NO CLUE WHAT HE WAS THINKING :hammer:

Do you think Ronald Reagan would have signed this? NO!

Or do you think he would have gone on TV and told the American public what was just put on his desk? I think he would have explained about a half hour worth of spending boondoggles, then talked about what the American people actually want. Then I think he would have VETOED the bill on national television while people in every bar, every living room and everywhere else there is a TV set would have cheered him on for doing what was right.

Instead we got the downfall of the republic that our founders feared. All in one bill. Thanks Donald.

What gets me is he is smart enough to have done just that, taking it to the American people. Instead, he threatened to veto, and then sign it and say he would never do it again. Well guess what, he most likely will not get the chance anyway.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The spending bill has a provision for new border fencing.The Rio Grande Valley will get 33 miles of barriers. That includes 25 miles of new levee walls and eight miles of new bollard style fencing like in Los Indios, but NO wall as promised.

Here is the prototype fence that was submitted in the Omnibus Spending Bill.

funny-country-borders.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did Hillary win :unsure:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 5.45.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 5.45.12 PM.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 18