• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a beautiful, cool day.
I've taken two walks across town.
Sure am glad this place is up and running again.
Thanks Doc, again.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Weather cooled down in the valley. Working a little extra to build some time to go back to the mountain. August now that only leaves me 3 months before the snow flies again up there. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
After two days without FF, I feel lucky to have survived unharmed.. A straight diet of the crap on that "other" forum is not good for one's mental health. :unsure:

Please Doc, let's not do that again.:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After two days without FF, I feel lucky to have survived unharmed.. A straight diet of the crap on that "other" forum is not good for one's mental health. :unsure:

Oh come on, I'm having fun over there trouncing the liberals Lol
I jump back and forth from here, there and Facebook.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter

I had a chance to really stir the pot on AOL. Then got out just in time.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Up

Group therapy is important.

rugerman

I am a insomniac so at night I spend my time lurking on FF while FF was down I damn near wore out the tv remote looking for anything to watch, then I went to utube and watched a bunch of hunting , fishing, and gun related stuff, makes for a long night.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Sacramento today and bought an old coot. ( not what your thinking ) its a small 4 wheel drive 4 wheel steering articulating UTV made in the 1960's and 70's they will go over most anything and its also amphibious. 20 hp. Kohler converted to hydrostatic drive. I am picking it up tomorrow morning. It wouldn't fit into the truck bed. Ill take some pictures tomorrow and post them. Marty

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to the gym and this afternoon I'm going about 40 miles south of here to see Senator Joni Ernst. She wants her picture taken with some Veterans and I was invited. I will also follow up on a video conference call two Lady Veterans and I had with Senator Ernst two months ago about women who were raped in the Military. Most of those ladies have serious PTSD problems and are too depressed to come forward to get the help and compensation they deserve. Together we are working on ideas to get them to come forward to get the help and compensation they deserve. Eventually I want to step aside and let this be done by women but I'm glad to be in there as long as they need me.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished getting all the parts for this piece early ‘60s goodness ,and getting it running . .
80CC’s ,20+ pounds empty with no bar and chain ,no clutch cover ,brake ,or anti-vibe mounts . It is my new loaner saw ... 48C2E6B6-64CD-4F93-A55E-7AE596C92069.jpg

79B6555D-8E3F-455C-A760-1F5FED8E503D.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to Sacramento today and bought an old coot. ( not what your thinking ) its a small 4 wheel drive 4 wheel steering articulating UTV made in the 1960's and 70's they will go over most anything and its also amphibious. 20 hp. Kohler converted to hydrostatic drive. I am picking it up tomorrow morning. It wouldn't fit into the truck bed. Ill take some pictures tomorrow and post them. Marty

Went and picked up the ( OLD COOT ) today

Attachments

• photo-189.jpg
    photo-189.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 72
  • photo-188.jpg
    photo-188.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 69

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok...that thing is cool.

Made it home after being on the road since the 17th. Exhausted. But true to my nature, no sooner was I done unhooking the camper that I left my wife and kids go to work emptying it while I fired up the mower to start tackling the hay field that grew while we were gone. Oh, and it's HOT outside.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

rugerman

I have been watching the news about the shootings yesterday and wondering how in hell it is the NRA or the guns fault that some jackass decides to kill a bunch of innocent folks? In that way of thinking if I drive my truck into a bunch of kids on a Sunday school outing it would be Fords fault. They always want to ban the gun, a gun is a inanimate object if you lay it on a table it will sit there till it turns to rust and will never hurt a thing, but as soon as someone picks it up it can become a weapon, but the person is what turns it into a weapon.
And when these shootings occur some politician always says that gun owners support stricter gun control, BULL they didn’t ask me I think that is a stupid idea! Rant over have a nice day.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Boy, you said it there, ruger.

I worked from 11pm until 8:30 this morning.
Of course I won't sleep now being jazzed with the coffee jitters.
It's going to be a warm one.
90° something.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up at dawn's crack this morning as the house was an oven when we got home holding at 83 degrees. We had the ac off while we were gone. Thankfully it came down overnight though. After doing my morning duties of making breakfast I headed out to wash the camper to get bugs off the front. The not so fun part of traveling with a camper.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Regular work stuff most of the day then I got a chance to play with the Coot a little around here. Im taking it to the cabin later in the week where we can see what it will really do. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to get back on track.
I screwed up my sleeping patterns something awful this last week.

So.. I'm resting today as much as possible.
Too hot to walk so I won't until maybe this evening.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So I got back from my dental cleaning, which always seems like a waste of time.
Little scrape here and there, clean, polish, done.
I'm never in the chair for very long.

There's a nice breeze kicking up, the rain is coming this way.
It's supposed to cool down the rest of the week.
Good.
I hate missing my walks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Getting caught up with the lawn. Did the new place yesterday. Today I hauled the push mower and trimmer to the old place and tackled it. How can a lawn grow a foot in 3 weeks? They got a few big storms while we were gone that watered down the lawns

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bought 2 trailers this evening from different people in less than an hour this evening. A used flat deck 6.5 x 12 with 4ft removable sides. Good utility trailer for everything. And an older 12ft tent trailer in decent shape for being 30 years old. We want something with enough space for everyone to be able to haul for overnight/weekend trips and not have to haul the big camper out of it's seasonal site for just a short trip.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to have the truck’s alignment checked ,and the tires road force balanced this morning . After that ,I’ll drop in at one of the purveyor of o.p.e. Pieces parts for a few items ,then spend a few hours butchering chains for the unsuspecting ...

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bought 2 trailers this evening from different people in less than an hour this evening. A used flat deck 6.5 x 12 with 4ft removable sides. Good utility trailer for everything. And an older 12ft tent trailer in decent shape for being 30 years old. We want something with enough space for everyone to be able to haul for overnight/weekend trips and not have to haul the big camper out of it's seasonal site for just a short trip.

72fa078905fbf9dc31df0b0ee0fe622c.jpg
902d80c8660884f416320962b409bd59.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not much today.
The family are all happy in "Defi"
I was going to pay a visit but everyone's always so busy any more.
Maddie is starting her new special preschool the end of the month.
Eldest Granddaughter is giving Superman fits over wanting a new car. Lol
I stay out of that one.

I was going to spend time on the "other" forum, but the couple of nimrod lefties on there are stuck so deep in the triggered Trump hate that it makes me crazy.
Especially that so-called attorney and the resident drunk. :whistling:

rugerman

Just reassuring some stuff about landscaping for my wife (pros and cons of different plants etc.) and recuperating from dialysis yesterday, tomorrow I have dialysis then a appointment with my surgeon who will hopefully remove my perm-catheter, I will be glad to have it out.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was voluntold last night that I have to play tour guide today for a group of scouts here from the UK for 10 days. So that's the plan for today.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, when we left the Mountain yesterday it was 75 degrees when we got home in the valley 104. Over two mornings I was able to get the septic drain field trench dug. I could have done it in one day but the whole area is filled with football sized irregular rocks, also I was able to get the gravel delivered for the drain field. Next trip should finish the septic project which is a biggie checked off the list. Then back to the bathroom install and cabin remodel. The rest of the time was spent enjoying the mountain and cool weather, we even had time for a little exploring. Marty

Still a 100 outside. I'm headed back to the cabin this morning to finish the septic project and work on the bathroom as well. Also taking the newly acquired COOT. I will give a report with pictures upon my return. Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.