• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Four Track facts

Cletis

Who built the first four track articulating Cat?

When fully articulated about what degrees are the axles turned on a TUcker?

Thank you Cletis

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i forget what company did it but there was a canadian company put 2 m29 weasels together alabv206 style

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If your asking, generally a fully articulating one will turn shorter than a tucker would, if they are the same length. The Tucker drive shafts are very long, and would have to change length substantailly when turning. In an articulating design, the drive shafts are short and within the hinge area and change length very little as the unit articulates to turn. The u joints run at shallower angles than the turn table Tucker design. Thus they can turn shorter...Tuckers are probably lighter, simpler, and less costly to build than the full blown hydrolicly articulated machine. Thus they are quite popular...

Hope I made sence,

Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
also th etucker tracks follow the contoure of the land not the whole body as a bv206 does i have many hours in a bv and there ride quality off the road especialy on hard ground sucks and that's being nice ithink i would rather ride in a krusty than a bv206

Cletis

I remember seeing a comment in a thread quite a while back about the first company to utilize the four track before tucker but can't find it now.