• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Maybe today !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I been working on my barn every chance I get for the last couple of years .I been slowly getting work done on it , between haying and working on the new store . Well...... today I just may get done with all the high work !!!:clap: I am putting up the last of the siding on the Gable end of the roof .
I went out and bought a great 33' Boom Lift just to do this but I have gotten more done than I thought I would and the Boom lift is 750 miles away at the other house !!!

I been hanging on to my old extension latter for dear life . Its amazing how much better you sleep when you finish a project like this . I bet I went up and down that ladder 75 times yesterday .Good for the waist line but it sure can tire a fella out quick . I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel !!!:w00t2::w00t2::clap:Its a good day and I am in my happy place !!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You own a boom lift and are working from a ladder? Have you sought therapy for this craziness? Since I turned 50 I try real hard to keep my feet on the ground. If it is over 30 ft. I will hire somebody else to do it. I don't feel comfortable anymore working up on ladders. The last I climbed over 30 ft. was in firefighter training and I did not like it either.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Get ya fingers of the keyboard and get to work:yum::yum::yum:

Have a great day m8 i hope all goes to plan.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I know it is but I am at the ranch with no way to load pictures with the camera I have .

Well... I did not get finished today . My ass is kicked .I hate ladders !!! Even a Dr Rum ain't helpping tonight !!!I am the only one here tomorrow and the wife says "NO" to being up a ladder and falling off . So I will go lay new flooring inside tomorrow, I guess :sad:.

Unless we get Rain , I will be done on Wednesday .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
the wife says "NO" to being up a ladder and falling off

Your wife is a smart person. Listen to her. My father in law about 4 years ago had a ladder incident and no one around to help. Dam near died but lives with a brain injury today.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The absolute worst part is now done . I still have the oil to spray on the siding but that will be a cake walk after what I been doing this past week . I will spend tomorrow putting some finishing touches on the ouside big "Cross Buck" Double doors that are installed on each stable for the horses, if it does not rain .
Its Dr Rum time now and boy to they hit the spot .

The wife was just about convinced that as I took down the scaffolding on the gable ends I would fall and hurt myself .

Can't remember the last time I felt this good about getting something done . I think the stress of working so high was a big factor. it was nerve racking ,for sure..A fall of 31 feet was probably going to kill me .

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The absolute worst part is now done . I still have the oil to spray on the siding but that will be a cake walk after what I been doing this past week . I will spend tomorrow putting some finishing touches on the ouside big "Cross Buck" Double doors that are installed on each stable for the horses, if it does not rain .
Its Dr Rum time now and boy to they hit the spot .

The wife was just about convinced that as I took down the scafolding on the gable ends I would fall and hunt myself .

Can't remember the last time I felt this good about getting something done . I think the stress of working so high was a big factor. it was nerve racking ,for sure..A fall of 31 feet was probably going to kill me .

Not if you've been eating all that Chester's chicken and gizzards.
You'd simply bounce my dear :smile:

Seriously Al, it's nice to hear you've accomplished something that's given you satisfaction.

Incidentally, I thought about fried gizzards all damn day.
Thank you, Sir.:hammer:

:wink:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Your quite welcome , little lady .

I just wish I knew what the seasoned batter was that they coat them gizzards with . Holy Cow !!! I could live off that coating alone !!!:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2: A little spicy, but oh so good !!!:w00t2::w00t2:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Your quite welcome , little lady .

I just wish I knew what the seasoned batter was that they coat them gizzards with . Holy Cow !!! I could live off that coating alone !!!:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2: A little spicy, but oh so good !!!:w00t2::w00t2:
Since I am a piratey, I'll find the recipe... mmk? :smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
are you back Al ?
Yes .
We planned to have Thanksgiving up here at the ranch and then go back to Calif and move the last few things here . Got a call last night and our daughter took a soft ball to her face and broke her nose and she is in the hospital , so things will change now .There checking her for other facial damage . I guess it was a bloody mess .:sad:
We may go to San Diego to spend Thanksgiving with her . I don't think she will be feeling like going anywhere for awhile .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Was this as a result of a softball game ?

Yes , She got hit pretty hard . They cannot even set her nose until the swelling goes down . I guess part of the nose bone broke and came up through the skin :doh:. Looks like she may be headed for surgery . I am trying to get everything wrapped up here and get back down as soon as possible .

:unsure::unsure::sad: