• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MTD core aerator FOR SALE

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
5 HP MTD self propelled core aerator with about 5 total hours use. I'm not sure of the width as it's in the barn right now & it's cold here & I'm not gonna go out to measure it. Probably 36" or 42". First $450 & it's yours.

Attachments

• core aerator.jpg
    core aerator.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 391

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tom,

I might be interested.
Does it weigh enough for the plugs to get in pretty good?
Any idea of the travel speed?
Let me know the width when you get a chance to measure.
Is there anything you need? (possible trade in whole or part).

Brian

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Brian........The front wheels swing up on a pivot adjustment and act as front weights as well as limit stops on the depth. you could add additional weights on the front to make it dig more. I'll measure it tomorrow sometime & let you know how wide it is. It will go as fast as you'd want to walk/jog behind it, although it's easy enough to manuver. I got it & another mower at an estate sale as a pkg(had to take 'em as a pair), as I wanted the small rider mower(snapper) for my kids to learn on.(Both were same condition as new !) I have 3 1/2 acres at my house in grass & I'm damn sure not gonna aerate it to make it grow faster than it does now, so other than starting it to check it out, I have'nt used the aerator because its the mower I really wanted on the deal. Is the shelving you got on the other deal something that mounts flush to a wall I could use in my shop, or is it the gondola stuff you see in wally world ??

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info Tom.

The shelving is the stuff with shelves on both sides. I cut the vertical bar up the middle so I could split in 1/2 and mount to the wall. Thought I had some pics but I can't find them right now. If you want the shelves, I believe I have about a dozen or so 12" carbide blades for a chop saw I'll include so you can cut them in 1/2 as well. We did torch one in 1/2 but it wasn't as clean as using a saw.

If I don't find the pics, I'll take some and post.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Well........I measured it.........it's 30" wide...........I guess it's just a guy thing to over estimate the size of things !!!!!!!!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tom,

At 30", it may be more work then benefit. I have a few acres to do and that's a lot of laps. My spike aerator gets pulled behind the ZTR (and in the spring, behind the roller... like a train).
Let me ponder it.

Brian