• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How many of you remember the movie

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The Birds. Alfred Hitchcocks movie the Birds.

Did ya have dreams after it? I didn't but I still have pictures of the people all chopped up in the back of my head. Ok I am sick. :smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I saw it. Good movie. No dreams from it, but I sure did look at birds differently after that movie.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Can't forget it! Part of it was filmed in Bodega, a tiny village a few minutes from here. In fact I pointed it out to Vin and Mary when they were here. But driving through Bodega doesn't give me nightmares about birds.

I woke up with a nightmare last night that was all too real. This old farmhouse has floors that are simply unfinished 3/4" T&G pine. No carpet or anything. I was awakened at 02:30 by something big making a lot of noise trying to chew his way up through floor into the bedroom. A raccoon, I assume. Or maybe it was a monster gopher trying to go straight through a pier post. Whatever it was, it sounded like it crunched a lot of wood.

It took a lot of stomping around before he gave up and by that time I was wide awake. Maybe that's why Dad kept a 22 rifle under the bed. I've never seen any need for it but after lat night maybe I should reconsider.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The Birds. Alfred Hitchcocks movie the Birds.

Did ya have dreams after it? I didn't but I still have pictures of the people all chopped up in the back of my head. Ok I am sick. :smile:
I was a kid the first time I saw The Birds.
There was no sleeping that night.
Mom told us (myself, my brother and sister) that we shouldn't have watched it.
Hitchcock sure had a way of messing with your mind didn't he?:yum:
All that kept running through my head was that woman (Jessica Tandy) going into the home and seeing that dude sitting on the floor with his eyes pecked out, then running outside and driving the old truck down the road at full speed.
Yeahh.. I love that movie! lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All that kept running through my head was that woman (Jessica Tandy) going into the home and seeing that dude sitting on the floor with his eyes pecked out, then running outside and driving the old truck down the road at full speed.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwLiH8bWFdM"]YouTube - Corpse scene in "The Birds"[/ame]

:whistling: