• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Muhammad Ali Dead

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a boxing fan.

Never really got into the sport but I'll admit that I always wanted to see his fights when they were on TV. Showman, self promoter and just fun to watch.

leadarrows

Houston, June 20/1967--Cassius Clay, the deposed heavyweight champion, was convicted by a jury tonight of violating the United States Selective Service laws by refusing to be drafted.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flamboyant and big mouthed but he usually backed it up in the ring. I liked him. I think he was a good guy all the way around. He did a lot of good in his volunteer work.

Though I do not agree with his draft dodge, he did his time and stayed true to his beliefs. I can respect that.

RIP Muhammead Ali.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Growing up I had no respect for him whatsoever because he was a draft dodger. Simple as that.

Later in life I came to respect him for the excellent boxer that he was. That is as far as I will go with all this. :mellow:

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
In my opinion, he was just another black racist that hated white America, that being said,........ He was never credited with the release of the American hostages held by his Muslim brother Hussein.

I have my own ideas about his real motivation to do so.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I agree with Lead Arrows & Road Squawker. That is why I said that I never liked him.

In my book he was a Draft Dodging POS. He claimed that Cassius Clay was his Slave name so changed it. This was ironic because he was Cassius Clay junior and his father was named after an abolitionist.
I agree that Cassius is weird name but why not change it to something normal? Instead he went with that Muslim B.S. He joined the Nation of Islam a notorious HATE GROUP.
He was a cowardly draft dodger who claimed to be a conscientious objector. Others who are conscientious objectors join but don't go into combat.
He was conceited and had a big mouth.
I am certainly no boxing fan but it seemed that he just danced around the ring avoiding being punched. Only when he had tired out his opponents with those antics did he bother to punch. As matter of fact watching him on the ring on TV is probably the reason I am not a boxing fan.
He did do some good things by helping people with parkinsons disease but only after he himself was diagnosed with that.

His fans better pray that he didn't go from Phoenix to a far hotter place.

Sorry if you are a fan but all in all I think that he was a %&@*

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
In my book he was a Draft Dodging POS.
Growing up I had no respect for him whatsoever because he was a draft dodger.
Houston, June 20/1967--Cassius Clay, the deposed heavyweight champion, was convicted by a jury tonight of violating the United States Selective Service laws by refusing to be drafted.

You're all old enough to take a step back to the 60's, back to a time when racism really was racism and black people really were being persecuted. Ali was a black man, living in a time when he didn't enjoy a lot of the day-to-day benefits that white people enjoyed.

And then, the US government came along and said "Boy, you're going over to Viet Nam and kill some gooks for us." No doubt Ali gave this some thought and his answer to the US government was this...
Mouhammad Ali said:
[FONT=&quot]“I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for my rights here at home.”[/FONT]

I'm not so sure he didn't have a valid point.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
...I'm not so sure he didn't have a valid point.

the facts are , he WAS a draft dodger.

... and by his OWN words, America was his enemy, (except for when it came to getting U.S. Dollars).

.... and now, the far left will praise him an call him another MLK,............... which he was NOT!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're all old enough to take a step back to the 60's, back to a time when racism really was racism and black people really were being persecuted. Ali was a black man, living in a time when he didn't enjoy a lot of the day-to-day benefits that white people enjoyed.

And then, the US government came along and said "Boy, you're going over to Viet Nam and kill some gooks for us." No doubt Ali gave this some thought and his answer to the US government was this...

I'm not so sure he didn't have a valid point.

:applause:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_b7fW5T5Z0"]Muhammad Ali interview with Barbra Walters - YouTube[/ame]

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
the facts are , he WAS a draft dodger.

... and by his OWN words, America was his enemy, (except for when it came to getting U.S. Dollars).

.... and now, the far left will praise him an call him another MLK,............... which he was NOT!

A draft dodger, is a draft dodger is a draft dodger. Lower then whale shit in my world. You may not want to serve, but when your country calls then you answer that call, suck it up and be a man about it.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Many conscientious objectors become medics and that sort of thing. That way they never shoot anyone but do a lot that is helpful. Those people I really do respect.