• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Western husky air compressor???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just wondering if any of you have heard of this brand and if so, how are they? My 8 gallon mastercraft air compressor is on its way out after 6-7 years. I went out to use it today and it wouldn't turn on till I gave it a few light taps with a hammer. After it kicked out, it wouldn't kick back in again till I beat it with a hammer again. So I'm looking for a good cheap replacement. I found one of these Western Husky air compressors on sale today. Never heard of the brand so just wondering if anyone else has. It's a 15 gallon, 3400rpm compressor. It'll be used occasionally with an impact wrench but mostly for filling tires etc. Just small jobs in the garage. What do ya'll think??? On sale for $169.

40340.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went out this afternoon and came back with this compressor. Seems to run good. It has two air hose connects. Runs quieter than the mastercraft it's replacing. The mastercraft still works somewhat so it will be brought out to camp as a backup for any flat tires on the atv's, boat trailer, camper etc. I can't complain about the price either. I looked around and anything even remotely similar was between $3-400.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does the new one say where it is made?

That would be the first clue to who made it.

I have a 5HP gasoline powered Sears Craftsman compressor, and on a small tag spot welded on the tank it say Devilbliss, the name of the manufacturer. Maybe yours might have a tag with the manufacturers name on it, if you look... Sounds like a good deal.

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's probably Chinese made.

Like a lot of things, I've had some good luck and some bad luck with Chinese made stuff. Some of it surprised the hell out of me. Since it's only for occasional use, it'll probably last as long as you want it to. Good luck with it.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if you don't want to buy another one any time soon stay away from the oil less compressors get a nice slow turning oil sump compressor my little ir is some 20 years old and is now on it's second motor and still going strong.