• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Look what landed in my yard Saturday

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A Helicopter. Life Flight. Motorcycle wreck on the road I live on and someone was injured and needed to be flown to a hospital in Columbus or Cleveland. I have no more info on the accident or if the person is okay. I was boating and did not see it at all. Thanks to my neighbor who was home and took the pic. Firetruck is in his driveway and helo is in my yard.

The fire chief that put out the fire on my mower a couple weeks ago even asked me if I was planting on the trees to keep them from landing in my yard. I said heck no. I only knew of one other time they landed there. He said he knew of at least three times over the past few years. Now it's 4. I told him I sure did not care, and assured him that I would not plant any more trees in the spot they like to land.

Attachments

• HelicoperInYardJune172017.jpg
    HelicoperInYardJune172017.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 107

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's always nice to know that a life flight can land in your yard. Not that you want to "need" that experience.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The only time I've been in a helicopter was a medivac at the age of 5. I don't remember it though as I was in a coma

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've ridden in the Navy twin rotor helo's a few times. Two times in the Med and twice in the Panama Canal. Very kewl. The pilot over the Med gave us a thrill by rocking the chopper back and forth for a minute or so. Scared the crap out of me at first. LOL

Attachments

• TwinRotorHelo.jpg
    TwinRotorHelo.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 83

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it felt like the airlift was going to remove our roof when they picked up my father.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been in several helicopters. Many in the USMC as I was an avionics tech on UH-1's and AH-1's. Was on a life flight once. Knew the EMT guy. Got them to buzz my house on my trip from the community hospital to the trauma center downtown.

My commercial property is sometimes used as a life flight landing pad. The wind sock frame is still up but the cloth is gone. It's just concrete buildings, paved parking lot and 4 acres of grass so there's never any damage or flying debris.

jwstewar

That is pretty cool. I offered to let them use our yard last year to land Med Flight, but they decided to close the road instead because of having to drive the squad through the yard.

I've been in a helicopter a couple of times. One a tourist type helicopter when I was like 11 or 12. Then a Life Air Evac helicopter when I had my heart attack. I was awake, talking to the guys, and watching out the window the whole time.