• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track jacks

snowcatt

I have a couple Bombardier Bombi's People mention Track jacks made with threaded rod Does any one know how they are made ? I would like to see a picture of one if possible . Straps work but not the best Thanks

snowcatt

sorry yes For installing tracks I put old steel tracks on my Bombi for the summer
Ratchet straps work but not well Im
open to and good idea's on how to make them

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
lots of track jacks on ebay.
I like the 300lb chain ratchets. light weight and use my track jack as backup.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on a bombi I think you could do it like a snow trac, the loosen the adjuster ,and pull the play out of the track with the starter and drive sprocket. than bolt them together between the front road wheel and sprocket

dep6113

Here is a picture of how I did it---worked ok but flexed a bit under tension it provided lots of room to do the lap splice. If I do it again I will probably modify it to have a center slide reduce the deflection. it was pretty cheap to throw together. could probably get away with two all threads---it was nice to be able to align the two sides by tightening the individual nuts. good luck

Attachments

• snowcat1.jpg
    snowcat1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 234