• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted ST4B front chain sprockets

chamlin1

I need 2, ST42 front roller chain sprockets for my machine.
If anybody know where I can get them or have them made, I would be very helpful.
Mine are so bad that they are breaking teeth.
Any help at all would be appericated.

ST4B #2072

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I will try to check on one of the parts machines I know of . yours is a 3 band model are they the same as the 2 band models, also check your chain the damage you are describing is from some one using an sae #08 chain. trust me I have been there and done that I sill have the residue to prove it

chamlin1

I will try to check on one of the parts machines I know of . yours is a 3 band model are they the same as the 2 band models, also check your chain the damage you are describing is from some one using an sae #08 chain. trust me I have been there and done that I sill have the residue to prove it

Yes I am buying new chain and bearings seals ect. Thanks for the help
ST4B 2072

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I think I could come up with snow trac sprockets but I don't know about the lower geared snow master sprockets

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If anybody know where I can get them or have them made, I would be very helpful.

ST4B #2072

Maybe you should be finding why they are doing this?? Have you got SAE #80 roller chain? If so it is too narrow on the rollers for your sprockets, and can cause the condition you describe. What you need is Witworth "English" spec chain...

Are you running it too tight? or loose?? Normally we don't hear of troubles like you discribe if there are no other issues that cause this...

There was a recent thread about this topic of correct chain and sprockets. Will try and find you a link, http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?p=602446#post602446 if this could be your issue.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I can assure you that its a #80 chain causing this the pitch is just a little different if you watch the #80 chain it starts to walk up the teeth as it makes it's way about 3/4 way around I have gone through this I don't care what the other guys say there is a pitch difference too. this only happens on the large sprockets on the small ones the pitch difference has no effect.

chamlin1

Maybe you should be finding why they are doing this?? Have you got SAE #80 roller chain? If so it is too narrow on the rollers for your sprockets, and can cause the condition you describe. What you need is Witworth "English" spec chain...

Are you running it too tight? or loose?? Normally we don't hear of troubles like you discribe if there are no other issues that cause this...

There was a recent thread about this topic of correct chain and sprockets. Will try and find you a link, http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?p=602446#post602446 if this could be your issue.

Regards, Kirk
Thanks for the info, I belive you are right. I just bought this machine.
It was used for Hunting in the fall not on snow for many years. It is #80 chain, I am going to change the chain when I put it back together. I am looking for sprockets, or will have to have a coule made not my best choice but will do what has to be done
Thanks for the info
Curt
ST4B #2072

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter

ST4B #2072
I only know of one 3 band track model here yours is breaking teeth because you have an sae #80 chain on yours not the metric iso chain they came with. I dare you to ask me how I know? look at your chain and you will notice at the bottom quarter section of the sprocket the chain isn't seating properly and lifting up a little.one of our memebers had a machine shop in seattle lathe off the old teeth and weld on a new set of teeth. I cant remember the name of the shop but he used. the machine at mountain home lodge they have a web site you could drop him an e-mail.