• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BOMBI ENGINE

kapowee

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A CAR OR TRUCK ENGINE THAT WOULD BOLT UP TO THE 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION THAT IS IN MY 1976 BOMBARDIER BOMBI

THANKS

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A CAR OR TRUCK ENGINE THAT WOULD BOLT UP TO THE 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION THAT IS IN MY 1976 BOMBARDIER BOMBI

THANKS
uour bombie should be like a 1.8l motor it was the small motor used in pintos and currior's your best bet would be to change out to a 2.3 l ford there are more motors out there and the basic otor is still being built

1955tucker443

My 1981 Bombi has a 1.6 liter Ford engine. This was used in early Pintos (1970 - 1972 ?) and some other cars. I have also heard this called a 1.6 liter Ford industrial engine - so it may have had lots of applications. It might be pretty hard to find a complete, early 70's Pinto engine to rebuild? Good luck.

skener

My Bombi has a 4 cyl. 1.6L Ford I believe a earlier Pinto as "1955Tucker443" stated.
My parts Bombi has a 4cyl Nissan diesel in it. This unit went fo a swim under the ice.
They don't make good submarines.....

The 1.6L that came in your Bombi is the industrial version and has some differences from the 1.6 that came in the pinto etc. I believe the clutch is on the opposite side and the bell housings are different and then there is the torque and power differences too. Do a search in this Forum as the subject has been discussed before several times.

Just about any similar size engine and tranny combo will work in place of what you've got but I would lean toward an Izuzu engine with an automatic transmission or anything with the auto as it makes the operation much more pleasurable.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
The 1.6L that came in your Bombi is the industrial version and has some differences from the 1.6 that came in the pinto etc. I believe the clutch is on the opposite side and the bell housings are different and then there is the torque and power differences too. Do a search in this Forum as the subject has been discussed before several times.

Just about any similar size engine and tranny combo will work in place of what you've got but I would lean toward an Izuzu engine with an automatic transmission or anything with the auto as it makes the operation much more pleasurable.
having stick time in a 1.6 l bombi i concure a 2.3 with an automatic is a better choice and a diesel isuzu would make it the king of the hill snow preformance stoill kind of sucks but wide tracks do help and more power owuld help it steer better