• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New addition to Family

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The wife's Nubian goat had 2 babies last night, one make and one female.
I didn't realize she was bread as early as she was - didn't expect babies for another month! Unfotunately the mother has mastitis - a build up of scar tissue in her teats - so we get to feed the babies until they can eat on their own (about 3 weeks). The upside to this is with all the handling and personal attention they end up being just like a puppy.
The males coat is a platinum blonde color...looks kind of like a rabbit when it's laying in the hay.
I'll get pictures as soon as I can coax my son to bring his camera over.

This puts us up to 7 goats, 2 llamas, 2 geese, 2 ducks, 7 dogs, and about a dozen chickens.

Anybody else??
I hope DAP and I aren't the only ones with farm critters on this site...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats on your new additions!!!

DaveNay said:
48,932 cats
Don't they have grocery stores or other meat packing places near you to buy your meat?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Mice shmice. You can't put a mouse on a rotisserie like you can a cat. Doesn't this just look delish?
Bone

I prefer my pussy raw.

BoneheadNW

DaveNay said:
I prefer my pussy raw.
Dave, that is the difference between you and the rest of us. WE might have thought about it, but YOU posted it!
Bonehead

Attachments

• fembot2.jpg
    fembot2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 26

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
Dave, that is the difference between you and the rest of us. WE might have thought about it, but YOU posted it!
Bonehead

Damn....I shoulda put that in the "Something to offend everyone" thread. :pat:

DAP

Congrats on the new goats. 2 of our pygmy's spent the first 6 months living in the dining parlor!

Few things cuter than baby goaties.

Kubota King

I have 1 goat named William, 3 horses & 2 dogs. Congrates on the babies Rick! Hand feeding them is an experience everyone should do!

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
DAP said:
Congrats on the new goats. 2 of our pygmy's spent the first 6 months living in the dining parlor!

Few things cuter than baby goaties.

Thanks DAP! I don't feel near as bad now.
The first set she had (last year) we had to hand feed also. The lived in our basement until the snow went away.

I politely requested we DON'T do that again, and so far it's working out ok.

KK- I agree. That "bonding" time is great - unless you're going to eat them! The way my wife is, I don't have to worry about that. She won't even let me kill the extra roosters for dinner...she'd rather give them away. We have found you can only give away so many, than no-one wants any more of them in your area. Maybe she'll let me sharpen the hatchet soon.