• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted: boat motor

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looking for a good used outboard motor. 60-75hp preferred. Prefer something newer than 1990. Location is also an issue. Would be willing to go as far as michigan, minnesota, wisconsin.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats. Boat shopping is fun. Let us know what you get, and be sure to share plenty of pics. :thumb:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats. Boat shopping is fun. Let us know what you get, and be sure to share plenty of pics. :thumb:

Here's a pic of what I'm looking at getting! I'm tired of working on other people's used junk and the wife said that since she got the car she wanted this year that I could get the boat that I want.

315.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck yeah, you'll like that. If you catch a big un be sure to share pics with us. :thumb:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
If it ain't got (at least) two motors it ain't a real boat, right Waybomb?? :1062:

(My boat has my wife in the front with a paddle and me in the back with a paddle, that makes two motors. :pat:)

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, two is good, three is much better.

But, actually, am I now looking at a very old steel 60 foot tug. I haven't benn in it yet, and not 100% sure it is for sale, but it has been unused for two years. Single screw. No, not to replace PV, but as a conter-point. I think it has a Kahlenburg engine in it. To take long trips in. 6-8 miles per hour through anything. That would be different, eh?

If I can pull this off, there will be an 8 foot round hot tub on the aft deck.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the boat yesterday! Sorry, no pics YET! Tried her out in the water this morning..........awesome! I'm happy! It's got a 2005 yamaha 40 hp 4 stroke engine. 16ft princecraft boat and 2700lb trailer. My first experience with a four stroke outboard. Wow! Is that thing ever quiet and smooth. Not even a half a turn on the key and it fired right up nice and smooth. No exhaust fumes to choke on. I thought I woul need plaining fins for the engine for a quicker start but it doesn't need them. Yup! I'm happy with it.