• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Searching for Snowcats

mradecky

I am looking for old Thiokols to purchase...1960 Trackmasters or Rangemasters, Spryte 1201's, 601's, 602's, 1200 passenger type snow cats. I seem to have exhausted all the "on-line" avenues can anyone suggest where I might look? Any help would be appreciated!
Marc

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The real"Finds" are Ex-Power Company and EX-Telephone Company. They tend to use the machine once every 3 years because of some big storm, then surplus it out. Of the 23 machines I've owned, more than half were real "Peaches" that came from power and phone companies. 2 machines, a Trac Master, and a Bombi had really low hours, 50 on one and 4 on the other! A bunch of Thiokol's and LMC's were recently surplused out from research stations on the South Pole. A significant portion of them ended up in California. The market is flooded so the prices are down somewhat. Also because they discontinued production many users are switching to newer machinery that is still in manufacture. Also try the Canadian Heavy Equipment Trader. I've seen a lot of good deals there.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I see Bill Guthrie of Sales Unlimited has 17 Thiokol's and LMC's on his lot currently.