• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ok I heard this on the radio today

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Again I only heard it on the radio and no have proof of it. I am shocked by the answer but here is the question.

How can a waitress or waiter increase their tip money by an average of 18% from customers in a restaurant?

Please post your answer, your only allowed one. I will give you the answer yet this weekend. Bonus points for participating and I will have Doc give a few extra points if you get the right answer.

murph

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Well my wife worked as a waitress/bartender for years and I asked her. She said give prompt service and be pleasant even if you want to bust their heads with a bottle. Now she hasn't work at it now in about 15 years.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed. A simple touch to a shoulder or elbow. I taught this to my daughter when she was a server, and it works particularly well if paired with sincerity and personalization. Ex. "I brought you another cup of coffee (water, soda, etc.) because I thought you would enjoy another one."

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Eye contact, usually indicates they are listening to you-- and that serving you well is important to them.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ok as of first thing this morning no one has the correct answer. Anyone else going to try and guess?

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
In my bartending and waiting tables days, I always found that promiscuity enhanced my gratuities.

K

kermit2

Give their name, "Hi I'm Lindsay, I'll be your server"

Attachments

• 030810_Etrade_04050522--300x150.jpg
    030810_Etrade_04050522--300x150.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 133

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Signing a personal note on the back or bottom of the tab . Like have a great day, Hope you enjoyed Your meal/drinks/service , a lil smily dont hurt either & allways try to make it like you mean it , not just a habit :biggrin:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ok this site won't allow me to give any more rep points as it says I gave out too many in the last 24 hours. So starting with JPR I owe the rest bonus points.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok this site won't allow me to give any more rep points as it says I gave out too many in the last 24 hours. So starting with JPR I owe the rest bonus points.

Once again, slutty = score!:w00t2:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ok I am up to BCzoom as for giving rep points. It won't let me give any more for another 24 hours.

Cowboy you got it right. The answer on the radio was to put a smiley on the tab. Seems weird to me but you all had some good answers to get a good tip from me.