• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New "Used" Chipper

79bombi

Site Supporter
I bought an older Craftsman 8 hp Chipper for $200 from someone on Craigslist. I was searching Ebay, etc... and this seemed like a good deal. I was a little anxious as it had a little rust on it but cleaned it up, new plug, changed the oil. cleaned the air filter and shredding away. I will do up to 3" if you take your time. I am impressed with the power. The outfeed actually strips the bare ground.

I have a lot that I am clearing that I may someday build on. When I built my present house it was a mess when they built because I was only able to burn some brush and once stuff got pushed around it was a mess. I cut anything bigger than 3" for firewood.

I was looking for a chipper shredder for my Ventrac but they are expensive and hard to find used. This should take care of most of my needs. I have rented big towable units which are great but too expensive for occasional use.

Now I just need to fabricate a yoke to tow it with my tractor. It is on the heavy side for pulling around by hand.

Trakternut

I have one also. It's the older gray colored Craftsman. Good machine. I've shredded newspapers with it too! Keep the screen over the flywheel clean so as to allow plenty of air flow for cooling and you should do just fine!